Chapter 76

Adam

Charlie and I skated Courtney to the locker room. We sat her down on the bench. "You okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"Can you guys help me will my gear?" Courtney asked. We nodded. I took of her jersey while Charlie took off her leg pads. I took off her chest pad. "Thank you guys so much." She sighed in relief. Charlie and I put her gear and jersey into her bag. I went to my locker and got my sweatshirt. I went to Courtney and put it on her. She smiled. "Come here guys." We walked over to her and she kissed us both on the cheek. The rest of the team came in.

"You okay Courtney?"

"You did great out their Jane."

"You did amazing." Every one was saying.

"Thanks guys." Courtney said. I helped her up. "I got it, thanks."

"Let's get out of her before someone else gets hurt by Iceland." Coach said. We all nodded and started to leave. I went to my locker and opened it.

"Come on Banks!" I heard Charlie yelled.

"I'll be out in a minute!" I called back. I looked around, then sat down on the bench. Everyone left, good. I got the medical tape from my locker and looked at my wrist.

"You okay?" I heard someone asked. I looked up and saw Courtney. I hid the tape behind me.

"I'm fine, why?" I asked in a rush. Courtney came closer to me brought out my arm and saw the tape.

"Adam, you shouldn't play with an injured wrist." Courtney implied sweetly. I sighed and shook my head.

"If I told Coach he'll knock me out of the game."

"Tell me what?" I heard Coach ask. We turned around and saw Coach walk in slowly.

"Adam hurt his wrist." Courtney blurted. I put my head down.

"Adam..." Coach sighed.

"I can still play!" I yelled.

"Okay..." Coach got a stick that was on the wall. "Grab this." I started to grab it with my left hand. "Other hand." Coach snapped. I sighed and grabbed it. "Hold it out in front of you." He demanded. I lifted the stick where it was horizontal. "Now rotate it." He demanded again. I just stood still. It hurt really bad to hold it up. After about holding the stick in the air for thirty seconds, I dropped the stick and sighed in frustration. I looked down. Coach shook his head. "I'm gonna have to have you benched." I looked up.

"You can't do that!" I whined.

"Adam, you're hurt." Coach explained.

"I had to stay out a week when I broke my rib." Courtney stated.

"Sit down, Adam." Coach demanded.

"I'll wait outside." Courtney said, then she left.

"Why don't you wanna be benched. Is it because of Courtney?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No, it's not her. It's... It's my dad. He came out to see me play and I don't wanna miss a game for him." I explained, even though it was also because of James.

"Look Adam, your dad will understand why. You're probably going to come back when we make it to the championships." Coach stated.

"If we do." I sighed. Coach nodded. "Fine, I'll be benched."

"Great, let's get that wrist x-rayed."