Chapter 42

Courtney

"Oh, Courtney. I know how you feel. Don't worry, it gets better. Believe me." Ocean said. I sat up.

"Okay, okay..." I sighed. I heard a knock at the door. Julie got up to go to the door. I started to wipe the tears off my face. Julie opened the door and saw Elijah, the butler.

"Hi." Julie said. Elijah smiled.

"Mrs. Jewell is down stairs waiting." He said.

"Okay, we'll be out in a minute. Thank you." She shut the door and turned around to face me. "You okay to go out there?" Julie asked. I nodded, still wiping my tears.

"Yeah. Let's go." We got up and started to walk out.

Adam

All the boys were waiting in the living room for the girls. Les came over and put his hand on my shoulder. "So, when you going to ask Courtney out?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"She's dating that Hawk. I can't go out with her. Man, I wish she could just break up-" I saw the girls come out. I saw Courtney. Her eyes were a little watery and her cheeks were rosy like she has been crying.

I ran over to her. "Are you okay?" I asked. She let out a little weep and ran off. I looked at Connie. "What happened?" She looked at me.

"It's your time to shine." Connie replied. I looked at her very confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"James broke up with Courtney. Give it some time, then ask her out." Connie explained, then ran over to Courtney. I was shocked.

James break up with Courtney? Why?

They were so into their relationship. How could he? I looked over at the couch and Courtney wasn't crying anymore. I'll give her some time, like Connie said, and I'll ask her out. Nothing big, I think. I walked over to the couch and sat next to Courtney.

"Hey Jane." I said. She looked at me, then smiled.

"Hey Banks." Courtney said. I smiled.

"You okay?" I asked again. Courtney kind of looked down.

"Yeah, I'm fine."