Chapter 71

Adam

3rd period, fourteen minutes. Score, not so good. 2-4 Iceland. I looked up at Coach, and he didn't look too happy. Courtney, Goldberg, Charlie, Connie, Jesse and Dwayne went into the ice. "Come on guys! We are in it to win it!" Coach yelled. In it to win it? I guess he's back to being that kind of coach again, like the Hawks coach. The reff came over to Courtney and the Iceland player and threw down the puck. Courtney got it and shot it to Charlie. Charlie started to race down the ice, but an Iceland player got it.

He started to race down the ice. Once he got to the goal. He shot it. But Goldberg caught it. He put the puck back on the ice and kicked it to Jesse. Jesse went behind the goal. "Flying V!" He screamed. They all went behind the goal. They came out and started to skate. Jesse had the puck and passed it back to Connie, Connie got it and passed it to Dwayne, Dwayne passed it to Courtney, and Courtney passed it to Charlie. Then, Charlie broke from the group and started to skate for the goal. Thirty seconds left. He started to slow down.

"Come on Charlie!" I screamed.

"Triple deke!" Coach yelled. Ten seconds left. Charlie started the triple deke. Left, right, left, then he shot it, he scored! The buzzer went off. We lost 3-4, Iceland. I looked at Coach and he looked really disappointed. The six of them came over.

"Locker room, now." Coach snapped. We went to the locker room slowly. I took off my jersey.

"This close," Guy said. "we were this close!"

"What did we do wrong?" Courtney asked.

"Nothing. They're just better then us." Fulton said.

"I swear! They cheated!" Dean yelled.

"They didn't! We would have won if they cheated!" I yelled.

"I don't even think they're teenagers." Julie implied softly.

"They're mean. One of them said to pretend that the puck was a cheeseburger, I would be a better goalie." Goldberg whined. We saw Coach come in. We fell silent.

"What the hell was that?!" Coach yelled. We all just stared at him. "You guys did horrible out there."

"Hey, at least we tried!" Jesse yelled.

"Well, you didn't. Get your jersey back on, Banks." He snapped. I shot him a confused look.

"What?" I asked.

"We have practice." Coach snapped.

"Right now?!" Courtney asked while being out of breath.

"Yes, right now. Get your gear back on and be out there in five minutes or you're doing laps." Coach snapped. Then, he walked out.

"What's up with him?" Charlie asked.

"I don't think that our Coach." Connie stated.

"I think the fame is getting to his head." Julie implied.

"Man, why does Coach do that?" I asked while putting on my jersey. I was tired and sweaty.

"I don't know, but I'm scared of him again." Courtney said.