Chapter 27

Courtney

I saw Adam racing down the ice with the puck.

Come on Adam.

We need to win this game. I started to skate over to the goal too. Adam passed the puck to me. I went to go get it, but the puck was just a little farther then my stick was. It raced over to the wall, and stayed there. I sprinted over to the wall and came to the wall. I tried to kick the puck out with my skate, but it was really stuck in the wall.

"Courtney! Watch out!" I heard someone yell. I looked up and saw someone charging at me. I closed my eyes as he body slammed me to the wall. It felt like a wall slammed me to another wall. I kind of let out a scream of pain and I fell on the ice.

"Courtney!" I heard Charlie yell. He came rushing over and came to my side. "Are... okay?" He asked. I looked at him, and he looked kind of blurry. I couldn't think straight.

"What?" I asked. I looked at him. His lips were moving, but I couldn't hear him. It sounded like I was underwater and he was trying to talk to me.

I could barley hear any noise. I saw other figures come over me. I closed my eyes tightly, then opened them. In an instant, I could hear and see everything.

"Are you okay?!" Charlie asked with a shaky voice. I looked at him.

"Yeah, I'm... Fine." I moaned. I looked over to my left. I saw Adam fighting the guy who body slammed me.

"You don't do that to a girl!" I heard Adam scream. Then he let out another push.

"Then why is she even playing hockey?!" The Hawks player asked. He gave out another shove. A referee finally came over to then and broke them up. I sat up.

"I'm fine guys, it was just a body check, that's all. I can play." I said. Charlie stood up, then started to help me up. James skated over and grabbed my arm to help me up too. I saw Adam skate over.

"Hey Courtney. How you feeling?" He asked. I smiled.

"I'm feeling better, a little sore, but better."

_________________________

The game was tied. 11 - 11. Five minutes left. I went to center ice. James came in front of me. "Good luck." He said. I smiled.

"Thanks, you too. You're gonna need it." I said. James started to laugh. The referee came over and threw down the puck onto the ice. James and I fought for the puck, then he got the puck and passed it to McGill.

McGill started to skated down the ice. I got in front of him started to skate backwards, then I stopped real quick and skated froward. I got the puck and started to skate real fast down the ice.

This was it.

If I make this, this would be my first goal, and, I would win the game. I stopped, I brought up the stick, and shot the puck.