Chapter 95

Adam

"Yeah, so I got the guy who was flirting with Connie and I held him by the collar and I was like 'hey pal, you're messing with the wrong guy'. Then he was like 'I'm sorry man, I didn't know she's was your girl'. So I pushed him and he fell. Then ran off." Guy said. We all started to crack up. Man, Guy tells the funniest stories ever, even if they aren't true. Guy was laughing and looked behind me to my right. Then, his face went blank. I looked at him confused.

"What's wrong, Guy?" I asked. He looked at me.

"Isn't that Courtney?" Guy asked. I looked back. I saw Courtney running up the stairs from the dance floor. She was looking like she was about to cry.

"Courtney!" I screamed. She ran even faster and went inside the bathroom. I looked at Connie. She was staring at me in shock.

"I'll talk to her." Connie said. She got up from her chair and headed to the bathroom. I looked at Guy.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I think I know." Guy said. He looked behind me. I turned around and saw Charlie walking up the stairs like he just screwed up on something. We all stared at him as he came to the table and sat down. He was looking down, thinking. Then, he looked up.

"What did you do to Courtney?" I asked trying to be really calm. He shrugged.

"I don't know." Charlie said, staring at the table. "I don't know."

"You gotta know!" James yelled.

"Hey! You shut up! You broke her heart too, okay?!" Charlie yelled. James just stared at him. "And you too, Adam, when you broke up with her." Charlie said. I put my head down.

"You broke up with her?" James asked. I didn't move. I looked up.

"Look. She doesn't need to drama now! Her step-brothers dying and she might not get to see him before he goes! She's gone through a lot." I snapped, ignoring James question.

"I know. I didn't know she was gonna cry when I asked her-" Charlie stopped his sentence.

"What?"

"Asked her out." Charlie said. I threw my head back.

"Charlie! You don't ask her out when she's going through hard times! I broke up with her for the reason and you know that!" I yelled. Charlie nodded. Connie and Courtney came out from the bathroom. They came to the table and sat down.

"You okay, Court?" Goldberg asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"I'm sorry Courtney." Charlie apologized. She looked at him and smiled.

"Don't worry. It's fine."

_________________________

"Okay, you're sure this is the flight to Minnesota?" Coach asked for the hundredth time to the boarding lady. I sighed in frustration.

"Yessir. I made sure ten times. This is the rights flight." She replied. Coach nodded.

"Alright, here's all the tickets." Coach said, handing the stack of tickets to the lady. She took them and rang them all up. She handed the tickets back out. I got mine and started to board. I went to first class and started to look for my seat, I finally found it. I went to the window side and sat down. I looked over and saw Courtney sit on the other side, again. I sighed and leaned back in chair. I closed my eyes.

"Hi." I heard someone say. I looked over and a guy was standing by Courtney. She looked up, then stared at him.

"Hi." She sighed. He sat down. I finally got to see his face. Bryan Swain! He's a model for hockey jerseys. Out of all of the people on this plane, a model, a handsome looking, can steal a girl in a second model, had to sit next to Courtney. Hopefully this plane ride goes by fast.