Chapter 14

Adam

The Cardnials player started to laugh at his remark. I just stared at him. "Don't you ever talk about her again." I snapped. He just smiled, like an evil smile.

"I know you guys aren't dating, so you can't tell me what to do with her." He replied. I was ready to hit him. But I felt a hand grip my shoulder. I looked back and saw Charlie. I put my head down.

Even though I am eleven years old, I really liked Courtney. The referee came over. I looked at Charlie. He nodded his head in "you can do it" kind of way, then he left. I breathed in. Then turned back.

The referee threw the puck down and me and the player from the Cardinals team fought for the puck. I finally got it and shot it to Fulton. He raced down the ice, Connie following.

The Cardnials players just stared at him, scared. He stopped about five feet away from the goal. He put his stick up, ready to shoot it.

"Hit the deck!" I heard on of the players from the Cardnials yell. They all went down in a ball. Connie came up behind his and grabbed the puck and skated over to the goal. She looked at the goalie.

"Wimps." She said. She shot it in. She scored! We all went to her and cheered her on.

__________________________

We were tied, 5-5, and we had two minutes left of the game. I was starting to get nervous. I went to my spot. The player from the other team came in front of me. The referee came and looked at both of us. He slammed the puck down. I got up real fast. I started to race down the ice.

I looked at the crowd, and saw someone I didn't think I see there.

Courtney.

She was there. She was sitting one the chair, smiling at me. I started to slow down, just staring at her. "Pass it to me! I'm open!" I heard Charlie scream. I snapped out of it. I looked back up into the crowd, and Courtney was gone. I was my imagination. It's playing trick on me.

I looked at Charlie, and shot him the puck.

Thirty more seconds.

Charlie raced to the goal. He brought up his stick a little, then shot the puck. He scored. I stopped skating. We won! Charlie looked at me in shock. I smiled. We all skated to him and started to cheer.

Championships, here we come.