They had come up to this point on such shaking ground, it was important to Marinette that they kept what they had. She was going to marry him in a few days, and she wasn't going to go through with this with someone she couldn't be around. Especially because she had to be around him. The blunette reached over, nervously picking at her elbow before she then reached up to rub her chest. Marinette sighed, feeling the ache in her chest rising, but unsure what to make of it.

"Y-Yeah," Marinette breathed, her fingertips pressing harder against her skin until it had become raw. "But things are different now."

Alya perked a brow inquisitively. She turned her head to face her friend, who appeared to have been rubbing her chest plate raw. She furrowed her brow, concern etching onto her features. This seemed like a new anxious habit forming.

Alya reached over, very gently capturing her hand and moving it away before she could do anymore damage to herself.

"Marinette, do you like Adrien?" She asked, cocking her head to the side. "Like, are you starting to grow feelings for him?" She asked, snaking a hand over around Marinette's waist and tugging her closer.

Marinette's eyes widened, her blood immediately running cold at the sudden question.

Adrien loved someone else. He was in love with her for years. Marinette couldn't possibly have feelings for someone like that.

She had barely got to know him, and in strange circumstances, she found it in herself to trust him; but she was sure that the feelings she had for Adrien was strictly appreciative and platonic.

"M-Me?" She sputtered out, her heart beginning to pick up the pace again as she worried she might look compromised.

"No! I don't like Adrien like that. We're just friends, you know he has a girlfriend," Marinette immediately replied. "Just because we've been friendly with one another doesn't mean it's anything more than that." she explained, leaning into Alya and resting her head on her comrade's shoulder.

"It was like you said, we were to get along for this whole wedding thing. It was better to be friends than strangers, and I definitely don't want a nasty rumor like that getting around to his girlfriend."

Alya pursed her lips in contemplation. The female relaxed more so into Marinette as she allowed Marinette's explanation to sink in.

"Let me give you a few pieces of advice. I understand you're inexperienced, even after you've been with Felix for so long," The brunette shifted, her hand lightly running up and down Marinette's upper arm as she tried her best to formulate this well.

"There's no such thing as a prince charming. Anyone could be great with words and can be drop dead gorgeous, but it takes a real person to have a real heart. You want someone to accept you for who you are, who loves you for all of your flaws, and will go out of their way to keep you safe or to make you happy." She explained, her eyes moving to glance out the window. "After all, you can't make someone love you."

Marinette closed her eyes, a heavy feeling in her chest brewing at her choice of words. The blunette reached up to nervously rub her cheek. Alya was right, she couldn't make someone love her. It may have taken some time for her to finally realise it, but the idea was implemented.

It didn't matter how much effort you put in for a person, it was ultimately up to them to return those feelings.

Marinette couldn't understand if it was because of her different living styles as opposed to how she was before, but she was finally beginning to understand. All that was left was: Why did he do it? Was there something she did?