Chapter 91

After leaving the library, I had to sneak into the history teachers room and put the tape into the box of altered ones, just to make it look like they had messed up on the organization. It was easy getting into the room and sliding the tape inside the box, but when I turned around and saw Ms.Oh giving me a confused look, I knew I had to make an excuse, and fast.

"Oh, Ms.Oh, have you seen my black notebook in here by chance? I haven't been able to find it recently and I think I left it in one of my classes." I calmly asked. It was the truth too, I had misplaced my notebook somewhere and now I had no clue as to where. The teacher seemed to be aware of what I was talking about though, because she set down a box of string for another class and spoke.

"I have actually seen one recently, it's in our lost and found though, come with me."  She then began to lead the way to a small hall with multiple doors. Unlocking one, she opened the door to reveal a room with small trinkets laying around shelves and boxes. "Lock the door when you find what you're looking for, ok?"

"Of course, thank you." The teacher left after that, leaving me to search for my note book. With relief coming out of me in a breath, my (e/c) eyes looked around the area in search of my book, and low and behold it was sitting on the second shelf, collecting dust. Picking it up, I went to put it in my bag when something slid off the cover. Acting quick, I caught the small object in my hand and pulled it close to my chest, being careful with it. Curious, I opened my palm to reveal a milky white rock, it's surface smooth and cool to the touch. Raising an eyebrow I questioned where it came from, and why was it here, but never the less, I decided to pocket the object and leave the room with my book.

Maybe I could make something with this rock.

•••

As the day rolled on, so did my boredom. Mook had to stay in his class late because he had a couple things to do, and with a quick on the forehead I had sent him off, reluctantly of course. This left me to explore the rock, and see what I could possibly do with it. With the graduation just around the corner, I wanted to make something special with this rock.

Taking out a small pair of scissors, I began to carve away at the rock, which was surprisingly malleable. After a few hours, I discovered that the deeper the cuts on the rock was, the colour would change. So whit that, I decided to carve out a feather with a heart in the center, seeing as though both Mook and my wings were white, it would make sense in a symbolic way. With the shape carved out, I spun on my chair to find a string, only for my eye to catch Dante sitting on my open window.

"Well hello, Satan." I joked, making the male grin. Dante stood up and walked over to me, examining the necklace I had made.

"It's for Mook, right?" He asked. I nodded, a blush of embarrassment on my face. Dante laughed, poking at me to tease me. "It's cute, I'm sure he'll like it."

"Thanks, I tried." I said as I placed the stone in a box on my desk. "Now, why have you decided to visit?"

"I came to tell you something about my dad."

"I don't deal with daddy issues." I grinned.

"You don't get it, my dads the evil sea serpent." Oh, that made so much more sense. Keeping quiet, I allowed him to continue. "As soon as your born he's going to try and make your life a living hell, even if you're reincarnated as a different creature than a dragon, he'll come and try to kill you. I've seen him do it too many times to the other sea dragons in my past life, so I want to warn you."

"Go on." I said. Sitting on the bed, I patted the spot next to me. Dante looked confused, but sat down and fiddled with his tail.

"He can't go walking around the human realm as a dragon, so when you reincarnate you can sense the power he holds in a human or animal form. But, whit your magic, you can hold him off, but not for long, so I want to give you this." Dante held out his hand, grasping the silver chain on my neck that once held a small dragon charm. It had broken during the battle, and now with a small click and the new weight, I felt power surge though me. Safety. Looking down, it's was a black stone polished and shined to perfection, and if I looked closely, I could see a purple magic flowing inside.

"It's for your next life. I'm being reincarnated into a sea serpent with no evil father this time, hopefully anyways, so when your in trouble, break the stone, and I'll come help you fight my father." Dante said as he looked away with a blush. I was shocked at his kindness, but a smile formed on my face as I patted his head. "If you get Mook to put some magic in the gem, he will come to you in your next life too."

"Thank you." I said, wrapping my arms around Dante in a hug. He was hesitant at first, before he hugged me back and leaned his head on my shoulder.

"No, thank you for giving me another chance to live my life."

Wake me up

Wake me up inside

Can't wake up

Wake me up inside

SAVE ME

school is going to be the end of me