Chapter 53

"Alright everyone, welcome to hell." The history teacher chimed. I let out a gasp as I watched a few wild winds move some dead debris around the ground, but that wasn't what caught my interest. A small black creature darted into the long grass before I could fully look at it, hiding it's appearance before I could fully see it. I let out a sigh, glancing over at Mari as she joined my side.

"Looks like a monster decided to throw up in here..." She mumbled quietly as to not let the teacher know about her taste in this new area. The class continued to look around as the history teacher explained some certain myths and legends of hell, a creepy gin on his face as he explained how hell worked. He also went through some rules, such as not to touch anything, or to stray far from the group. He kept a careful eye on me as he said this, and I let out a nervous chuckle as I tried to shrink in the crowd.

My eyes picked up some movement behind the bus, and I finally noticed that Mari had, at some point, moved away from my side and taken Aru for some assistance. I mumbled a small curse as I tried to nod my head towards the two students sneaking away, but the blunt history teacher simply ignored my head jerk. Rolling my eyes, I shuffled over to the back of the crowd, where they had a hard time listening to the history teacher passionately explain how hell worked.

I scooted behind the bus, dashing into the tall grass as I chased after Mari and Aru. Halfway though my dash, I collided with Mari, who had an annoyed look in her eye. I gave a brief apology and asked her where Aru was, where she simply responded with a point behind her. I marched though the grass until I reached the center of the strange paths, not seeing Aru anywhere. 

"Aru!" I shouted, listening to my voice as it stretched over the plain. I heard a small feminine voice, one filled with curiosity; Aru's voice. I dashed over to the sound of her voice, not keeping a sense of direction as a spotted the girl and grabbed her arm. She gasped, ready to face whoever grabbed her, but when she saw my worried face, she relaxed.

"Oh (y/n), Thank goodness." The brunette said with a breath of relief.

"Aru, the history teacher just said not to stray from the group, and now you're here, lost." I said with a worried expression. The girl laughed nervously, standing up and looking around the tall grass. I joined her, trying to remember which direction we had come from.

"Aww shit....." I mumbled while scratching the back of my head. My head quickly perked up when I heard the history teacher call Aru and my name. We quickly followed the noise, seeing the bus peek over the tall grass. Tumbling through the plants, I collapsed on the green dirt, Aru following more gracefully behind. I didn't even need to look up to sense the history teachers glare as he stared into my soul. I grinned, making a few students behind the teacher chuckle.

"Let's try and stick together now (y/n)," The teacher said with a large sigh. "I don't need any paper work after this."

Getting off the ground, I dusted my clothing, following the group back to the trip. The teacher lead us through many places with interesting sights, but my eyes kept staring in the front of the group, where Mook's white hair was flowing in the warm wind as he walked with long strides. I could feel my heart race quickening, and my head spun around to look for any possible danger that could be making my heart beat so fast.

After my heart settled, I was laying in my bed and prepared for sleep. I had taken a cadvil to stop my burning face, but it didn't help when my mind flashed through specific people's faces. I was beginning to think I was going mad or ill.

I had practically jumped out of my bed when stretch and her friend knocked on the window.

"Hi~A~ru~" She said to my friend slowly. The two began to talk, and soon Aru climbed onto stretch, me leaping out of my bed and following the short haired brunette.

"This is gonna be so much fun." I said excitedly. When we landed on the ground, we searched the glowing caves that had my mesmerized. The many glowing colours of the cave seemed to shimmer in colours I had never seen before, and the way they brightened up Aru's face whenever she smiled was magical.

I noticed the brunette starting to stray from the group, sol I grabbed her wrist gently, scaring the small girl slightly.

"I don't need you getting lost." I said with a large grin.

"But...(y/n)....look." Aru said while looking back. I peered over her shoulder and saw a small skeletal creature staring expectantly at the two of us. I arched an eyebrow in suspicion, but when Aru leaned closer to the creature, I followed without struggle.

"Hey there buddy, are you lost?" Aru asked in a sweet voice. The creature whined, and in horror I watched as it's bones shifted and melted into something big, it's smile stretching from cheek to cheek as it let out a snarl. I let out a short scream before the creature clawed my leg, three lines digging into my leg. Aru let out a silent frightened whimper, watching as the creature clawed onto me, then snaking an arm around Aru's waist.

I watched as some of my blood flew through the sky, and cursed at how many injuries I could get in twenty four hours. Seriously, this was not some kind of rescue mission. I closed my eyes and focused on my wound, calling the stored magic in my necklace to heal my wound.

This was going to be a long flight.