Chapter 23

I wondered why I was on a bed. My head aching as I tried to open my eyes. My mind itched as I lifted my hand to feel my face. I wondered how long I was in my uniform for, immediately grossed out offer realizing I've been in it for a few days.

I managed to open my eyes, the dim lighting of the room nice as my (e/c) eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness. I looked at my clothing to see that it was changed and I was in a dull yellow flannel and pants.

I mentally screamed. Who the actually fuck has changed my clothes? Who saw my body completely naked? Oh my gosh was I a guy?! 

My face was a blushing mess, I had a meltdown as I sat up. I looked around the room, the pale blue walls complemented with dark oak wood furniture. I looked at the dark blue covers I was under, the blankets extremely soft. I jumped as I heard the door opening, sliding under the covers and looking out from over them.

In came the ethics teacher, her orange hair bouncing on her head as she carried my uniform in one arm, and a my bag in another. When she looked at me, she smiled, placing my uniform and bag on the chair across from my bed. I opened my mouth, about to ask a question, the the ethics teacher raied her finger to her lips, signalling for me to stay quiet.

I gave her a questioning look, and she pointed beside me. Looking at my bedside, there on a chair was Mook, his face relaxed in a peacful sleep. My face heated up even more, as my eyes scanned his gentle features. I felt someone's hand grip my arm and gently guided me out of bed. I followed, but never took my eyes off of Mook.

My heart was racing when the ethics teacher and I stood in the hallway, quietly closing the door we both just came from. The Orange haired teacher had my uniform and bag in her other arm, and lead me to another room.

"(y/n)..." She said, but I didn't hear her, my mind was too busy with thoughts, all of them consumed with Mook.

"(y/n)". She said a bit louder. I snapped out of my strange thoughts, my face cooling down. I looked at my teacher, then looked down at my pajamas. "Don't worry, I was the one who changed them, and I didn't see much, I swear."

We both laughed a little bit, and with a gentle hand, she lead me to to an open living room, a cozy fireplace on one of the walls. We sat on a white leather couch close to the glowing flames, the warmth of the fire nice against my skin.

"So (y/n), do you remember what happened? With the girl?" She asked. My mind went back to the events before, my head clearly remembering what the crazy chick Chloe did.

"Is she ok? A weird mouse thing, like, absorbed into her neck, and she was all weird after." Remembering  the weird mouse, it tried to bite me, but only managed to pinch me. But it fully managed to pierce Chloe's hard rock scales, turning her purple eyes red.

"About that (y/n)....Chloe won't be attending school anymore because of breaking multiple rules, and for posessimg an infernal spirit willingly." Mrs. Oh looked like she was actually sad, and being the emotional teacher she was, it probably was a real thing she was going through, seeing one of her students have to go.

'this woman is too sweet for this world' I thought.

"You mean, she meant for that mouse to bite her?" I asked, multiple questions bubbling in my stomach. If anything, Chloe had struggles to get the dark creature off of herself.

"That was no mouse, that was a small infernal spirit, waiting for a victim with memories." Mrs. Oh looked at me with kind eyes as I slowly priced together what that meant. I was in contact with an infernal spirit, a creature that should have stolen my memories.

But it said that I wouldn't give them up. That there was possibly something that wouldn't let them go.

"How long was I passed out for?" I questioned, my hand reaching my supposed injuries. But as if everything was a dream, my sprained ankle and cut head as healed, my hair clean from blood. My eyes widened as I felt my body, shock finally registering in my mind.

"Woah (y/n)! Calm down, you were only our for three hours, and your gym teacher healed your wounds, not to mention get the blood out of your hair." She held my hands, her casual smile flawless and amazing. She caressed my hands as I calmed down. The underworld was such a strange place, magic and spirits, possession and cleansing.

"How long was Mook waiting?" I asked, my ears warming up as I thought about him. It must be so embarrassing to let him see me at my most vunrable.

"Mook was the one who brought you here, after knocking out Chloe, he brought you back here and begged us teachers for help. He's been waiting this whole time~." She said, a small teasing tone in her voice. I laughed nervously, looking around the room for a clock.

1:50

Yeah she's not lying.

"You'll have to stay here for the night, going back to the dorms at this moment is too risky, because of this infernal spirit sighting, you'll have to stay for the night." Mrs. Oh said lie I was completely normal. I internally freaked out, would I be sleeping in the same bed I was just in, with Mook right beside me? 

Just the though have my butterflies in my stomach. I nodded, looking at the teacher with orange hair. The woman poured me a glass of warm honey tea, the warm water flaming me down. I was ready to go to sleep and let Mrs. Oh take me to my bed, but two men with black hair came out of the kitchen, their faces nothing but business.

"(Y/n), we need five minutes I your time."