Marinette lifted her hands, her lips parting as she gestured him to continue.
"So...?" She ushered, her eyes widening as the suspense was literally killing her.

The blonde sighed, shifting his gaze back up towards the blunette nervously.
"So we have to sign the legal documents. We'll be recognized as officially married. They suggested that you invite your parents to bear witness, Nathalie and my father will bear witness on my behalf." The blonde shrugged, trying to make the conversation appear casual. After all, this was not a marriage out of love. This was a marriage out of contract. Adrien still wasn't sure what was to come after they were married and what would happen when his father was rewarded with the jewels he was pining after.
"They want the ceremony to be huge, and they don't want it too far after either."

Marinette simply stared at him, remaining quiet as she allowed his words to sink in. Of course she knew what was the ultimate goal of this whole thing, but she often found herself even forgetting what this whole thing really was. Of course her and Adrien were friends, but he was also expected to be her husband. She knew this from the start. It almost felt like a fantasy, or a really bad nightmare. This whole ordeal didn't seem real to her at first. Marinette hadn't been able to feel in such a long long time, and now all of it was finally setting in. She was getting married. Ever since she was a child she dreamed of this day, but she didn't expect it to be this way. She wanted to marry someone that loved her.

"Are you alright?" Adrien asked, very gently moving away from the counter. His green eyes remained on her face. He couldn't help but to feel concerned, it appeared like her face was turning all sorts of colors.

Marinette pressed her lips together, subtly nodding as her cheeks grew darker.
"Y-Yeah... I just..." her voice quivered as she spoke. "I just didn't expect it all to happen so fast." She shrugged, only then reaching up to rub at her chest.

Adrien frowned, hearing the tremor in her voice. It broke his heart nearly every time. Marinette had become so important to him. He couldn't bear to see her cry.
"H-Hey!!" The blonde assured, immediately moving over towards her. He very gently took her hands into his once more and held them to his chest.
"We're a team, remember? I promise you aren't going through this alone..." he ducked down slightly, attempting to match his gaze to hers.

Her blue eyes met his and Marinette bit her lip. She inwardly scolded herself. She wanted to take comfort in his words, and she usually did, but the way he held her, the way he spoke to her, and the way he was gentle with her made her feel increasingly worse. There were a number of reasons as to why that could be, but Marinette couldn't shake this feeling that she was being quite selfish. She sniffled, taking a deep breath.
"You're right," she breathed out, bringing her gaze back to his and managing a small smile. "Alya's going to be here in a few minutes. I'd better get these spicy noodles finished so you and Nino could have something to eat while we go shopping." Marinette replied, immediately changing the subject before she grew too emotional once more. The female dropped her hands out of his and walked away, returning to the stove to prepare the food.

Adrien remained still, his entire spirit going utterly flaccid. He worried that Marinette had grown to dislike him again, but he refused to believe that for the time being. He knew this was a lot to take in, and he was willing to give her all the time she needed. It was a hard pill to swallow. For the both of them.
"Right," he murmured, placing his hands into his pockets before he turned to face Marinette once more. "Thanks.

Adrien tried to find joy in the delectable smell of the noodles she made as she poured them, but there was just too much tension for him to do that. He had hoped that as it settled in, they'd be okay again. After all, they did swear they were best friends.