“Sujin’s showing not only a few, but many of the signs. And from what we just heard about her father, it all makes perfect sense. Here’s the paper I printed out when I was talking about Yoongi’s similar symptoms to manager. It says, ‘Intrusive thoughts such as… flashbacks of the traumatic event. Flashbacks may be so vivid that people feel they are re-living the traumatic experience or seeing it before their eyes.’ Remember what Sujin told us today? She was getting flashbacks all along. And listen to this, too, ‘Negative thoughts and feelings may include ongoing and distorted beliefs about oneself or others (e.g., “I am bad,” “No one can be trusted”), ongoing fear, horror, anger, guilt or shame…’ And last of all,” Jin sighed, “Arousal and reactive symptoms may include being irritable and having angry outbursts; behaving recklessly or in a self-destructive way,’ Do you think… yesterday when she ran into the road, she was trying to…”

“No, Hyung,” Jungkook shook his head. “She acted like she saw something that she was running towards.”

Jin nodded his head, deep in thought. “I think she got it from her father treating her the way he did.

“Everyone keeps talking about her father, honestly, what was so bad about him?” 

Jin sighed, “I know you weren’t there Jungkook when we talked about it, but you should have been. This was important.” Jin sucked in a breath before continuing. “Sujin’s father used to abuse her before her mother brought her to the orphanage, then after a couple of months her mom died.”

Jungkook stared at Jin, his eyes widening. I could tell he was trying to keep his expression plain and his smug look on, but he was failing.

“So?” he mumbled, even though I could tell that wasn’t what he was actually thinking.

“So?” Namjoon repeated. “Jungkook, Sujin has been scarred from this. She wasn’t just dropped off at the orphanage before she could feel any pain or remembrance of her parents. The way it sounds, it would have been a heck of a lot better if she had never met her parents at all. She doesn’t really know it, either, but there are a lot of problems that could come from the PTSD that she’s developed from her father!”

“Well,” Jungkook stuttered. “T-That’s the problem with adopting children. They’re there for a reason.”

“But it’s worth it,” Jin said, his voice cracking as tears welled in his eyes. “And it hurts me that you don’t see it.”

“But all the problems she’s caused-”

“Jeon Jungkook, that is enough!” Namjoon roared. “What’s wrong with you? I seriously expected more welcoming and empathy from you. We haven’t, and won’t regret adopting Sujin, ever. When will you see that?”

Jungkook looked down at the floor before shutting his eyes tight. I watched him as he started crying softly.

Namjoon and Jin’s hard expressions faded, as they watched Jungkook. I could tell they weren’t sure what to say or do, especially since it was hard to have empathy on him at the moment.

“If you really want to know,” Jungkook said through shattered breaths, “it’s hard for me to feel bad about it because she reminds me of a friend I had.” He sniffed a few times before being able to continue.

“It was while I was in middle school, a little before I auditioned for any company,” he explained.  “Her name was Sinae Jun; she was one of my best friends.” Tears streamed down his face as he choked on his words. “But, then there were bullies, and she had PTSD from an incident where she almost drowned… I didn’t know that she had a past with s-self harm and... a-and she d-died.” He stopped, letting cries come out of his mouth. Jin and Namjoon went white, as they suddenly realized why the maknae had been acting the way he had. Once he was able to calm down enough to talk, he continued, “She was just like Sujin, ‘savage’, talkative, caring, it just makes me feel like I’m going to lose her too because they’re the same. And, it’s like I have to be mad, because I know they aren’t the same person, but I want them to be so I can have my best friend back. Sujin reminds me that I can’t have her back.” He stopped to wipe his eyes.