“Hyung,” Sejin said with a frown. “If you’ll excuse me, I was on my way out.”

“Oh, really? And who’s this girl here with you?”

“A friend’s kid, now if you’ll excuse us Hyung, we’ll be on our way.”

Sejin took my arm, gently leading me out of the cafe. We walked on to the side of the building, an alleyway I suddenly remembered.

“Sejin, I remember it. I remember the Cafe, I remember that man. That man was your brother, correct?”

“Yes, Sujin, how do you know that?”

“That man was my father.”

Sejin stared at me.

What?” he asked, not sure he heard me correctly.

“Sejin, I’m your niece! I remember that man, my father, beating me, just in this alleyway we are standing in now! You ran but came back and took me to my mom!”

“You really remember that, huh?”

“Yes! Sejin, please take me away, I don’t want to be near him,” I cried, starting to panic.

“Of course, of course, let’s go,” he nodded, and took my hand. We started jogging down the street, since the apartment was quite close so we hadn’t brought a car.

“How’s your ankle holding up? Are we going too fast?”

My ankle hurt like heck, but at the moment in panic, that was the last thing I was thinking about.

“It’s fine.”

About a block down, I looked behind myself to see the man, my father, now outside of the cafe, staring down at us. Slowly, he started walking our direction, but whether it was to follow us or not, I couldn’t tell.

Without another word said, we approached the apartment and sprung open the front door. At that point, the panic of what I had just seen was starting to set in more. As soon as Sejin entered behind me, I ran to close the door.

“Shut the door, shut the door!” I whined, feeling as if I was going to be exposed and vulnerable to the man down the street, as if he was going to run into the house.

“Sujin? Is that you?” I heard Namjoon call.

“Namjoon!” I cried, running into him as he rounded the corner, and then wrapping my arms tightly around his waist.

“Uhm, is everything okay?”

I didn’t respond, but let a few silent tears roll onto his shirt.

I heard Sejin pass us, walking to the stairs as he said, “Joon, I’ll get the others, I think we all need to talk.”

“Is Sujin okay?” Namjoon asked, patting my back. I shook my head ‘no’ lightly, keeping my eyes closed. “Come on, let’s go sit down,” he said, guiding me to the couch. My arms never left his waist.

“Oppa, I think he’s following us,” I said through his chest.

“Who?”

“He started walking our way,” I said, unburying my face from Namjoon’s chest as we sat.

“Who are you talking about?” Namjoon asked once again, and I closed my eyes, leaning back beside him once more.

“Her father,” Sejin said from the bottom of the stairs as he returned. Complete silence followed.

“What?” Jimin gasped.

“Why are you so upset about that?” Taehyung asked, stepping into the living room.