The man ran, pulling his phone from his pocket.

    It was just me an Appa now.

    “It’s all your fault.”

Another punch.

    “You’re a mistake.”

Another kick.

    “Appa, p-please s-stop. It-it hurts,” I yowled.

That only made him kick me harder.

    The man came back, shoving my Appa aside before picking me up.

    “How could you, Hyung? I’m leaving with her, you should really think about what you’re doing.” He carried me out of the alley to a car.

    “We’re going back to your Eomma, she will help you Sujin.” He buckled me in before heading to the driver's seat.

    “B-but what about Appa, he’ll come back.”

The man shook his head, driving towards my old house,“Your Eomma is going to take you away from him. She’ll protect you.”

We reached home quickly, as the man was speeding. Eomma was standing outside crying.

    “S-Sujin, oh, what’d he do to you?”

    “H-he hurt me E-eomma.”

    “I’m going to take you somewhere safe. Sejin, if you ever see her again, please, take her under your care,” she said, sniffling.

He nodded, before looking at her sad eyes. “Of course, Noona, now go before he comes back.”

Eomma grabbed a suitcase and handed me a backpack before kneeling down to my height.

    “Sujin, always remember, Eomma loves you so much.” She kissed my forehead before taking my hand and leading me away from the house and Sejin.

“Wait,” I said, looking around the Cafe. Was this really the place?

Was the man sitting in front of me, Sejin, the Sejin I just remembered?

As I scanned the room, my eyes stopped on a man who was entering. He looked almost identical to Sejin, but with the dirtiest and thinnest clothes I had seen. His face was unshaven, dirt and grit was everywhere, and his head hung low as he entered. On the top of his head, a black, worn out baseball cap was worn, and in the center of it, a red, unfamiliar logo shone.

“Sejin,” I gasped, as my heart raced and palms started to sweat.

“Sujin? Are you okay?”

“I-I remember this place.. And that man…”

“Fudge, that’s- wait, how do you know him?” Sejin asked, noticing the man. “Forget about that, I don’t want to be around him.” We both got up from our seats and walked to the back of the cafe, trying to take the backdoor without him noticing.

It was the first time I tried to stand with the brace Sejin had just given me on. It felt a lot more comfortable, but I knew if I tried to do anything but walk, my ankle would give way easily.

Sejin looked alarmed at seeing his brother, and my heart raced as I was realizing I was seeing my father for the first time in nine years.

“Ahh, Sejin, nice to see you here again,” the man greeted as we tried to sneak past him to the door.