𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

NEVER HIDE SHIT FROM ME AGAIN !

☀︎

MAX AND EL HAD STARTED TO GROW CLOSER AS THEY BEGAN TO DISTANCE THEMSELVES FROM THE BOYS. Having a friend like El was exactly what Max had always wanted. Alex was great, but she was older and wasn't at the same point in her life as Max was. And in return, El had needed Max all the same. She needed a girl to bond with that could understand her and show her the importance of being a girl. But when the three were able to come together just to themselves, it was a fresh breath of air.

The two younger girls had kicked off the night with music, makeovers and gossip. It wasn't long before they had decided to grab the phone and beg Alex Henderson to spend some time with them and ditch her own boyfriend just as they had. Plus, they felt having Alex around would be a shield from Hopper's check-ins. If anyone gave Hopper problems, it was always going to be Alex, and that gave the other to an opportunity to hide away.

Tonight, Max and El had planned to test Eleven's powers beyond fighting evil people and monsters from another world. This was purely for entertainment purposes only. The only thing standing in their way was being caught, and they weren't so willing to wait for Alex to get to Hopper's cabin.

Max raised her finger to her mouth, keeping her eyes on Eleven as she wiped the blood from under her nose. Hopper's footsteps had made their way around and neither wanted to be busted spying on people in Hawkins. It wasn't until a smile had crept up onto her face that they had felt relief wash over them.

"Aren't they a little too young for you to be hanging out with them?" Hopper's question had been muffled through the door, but there would only be one person he could be talking too.

"Aren't you a little too old to be watching that?" Alex's voice called out with a laugh. Following after was some clatter before the background noise of the tv had shut off. "I don't know why you think I'm going to be a bad influence. They think I'm awesome. When did you start doubting me?"

"When you started stealing Phil Larson's garden gnomes again!" Hoppers voice had boomed.

"Whatever. Nice shirt though. You got a hot date or something?"

Alex's question stirred an annoyance in Hopper. After being stood up by Joyce Byers and drinking way more than he should have, he began to question where she had been earlier tonight. His dislike of Steve Harrington had been unleashed as she had tried to hide her smile and raced towards El's bedroom. The minute she had entered, Alex had shut the door behind herself, muffling his voice before she could listen to him explain the importance of supervision of parents when spending time at Steve's house.

Max and El had eagerly smiled at one another as they sat back up in the bed. Bad influence or not, they did enjoy listening to the stories that always involved her raising Hopper's blood pressure.