𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

I'D NEVER FORGET YOU !

☀︎

IT HADN'T BEEN LONG BEFORE THEY HAD ARRIVED AT THE HENDERSON HOUSE. The eerie silence filled the air once Steve's car shut off and the music was no longer filling the void. All three exchanged glances before pouring out of the car. Steve and Dustin headed to the trunk of the car to get Steve's bat while Alex had snuck around to her own window.

Pulling herself up through the ledge, she had climbed into her room as quietly as she could. As soon as her feet had hit the ground, she tossed the flowers onto her bed and hurried over to her bedroom door. Silently shutting her door, she turned back to see Steve climbing in through the window. "Got it yet?"

She sent him a look, "No, Steve, I don't have it just laying around. Check under my bed and I'll check my closet."

Digging through her closet, Alex had shifted through clothes, hoping to find it under all the mess. After spending a lot of time sorting through old clothes to give to Eleven, the mess had only grown in size. She was one of the lucky ones that Hopper had told about Eleven staying in his cabin, especially after he realized he needed some clothes to give to her.

When her hand had grabbed onto the handle, she yanked it out, pulling off the few clothes that hung off it and headed out towards her bed. "All right, come on. I got it," she whispered.

Pulling himself out from under her bed, he got onto his knees as he pushed his hair back to how he had wanted. "Do you always throw all the notes I write you under your bed?"

"What, am I supposed to throw them away?"

"I mean, the least you could do is get a box... maybe even frame a few of the good ones," he mumbled, getting onto his feet.

Coming around to him, she rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Yeah, sure. I'll do that." Leaning over, she picked up the flowers and held them out to him. "Here."

Slowly taking the flowers, he tossed them back onto her bed. "Yeah, I told you they're for you. I shouldn't have given them to Nancy. They should've just been for you."

"Okay, that's nice, I think," she said awkwardly. "Is Nancy, like, another one of your newest girlfriends?"

Steve had only looked back at her in confusion, trying to understand if it had been a joke or not. "Uh, not really. We went over this." Sticking his hand out, he laid the back of his hand on her forehead before pulling it away slowly. "You doin' okay there, Henderson?"

Reaching up, she felt her forehead which had only felt normal to her. Yet to him, it had been unusually cold and all she had done was awkwardly smile back at him. "You remember Jonathan, right? Jonathan Byers."