𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

WE'RE NOT GETTING LAID !

☀︎

THE WALK TO STEVE HARRINGTONS PARTY WAS UNEVENTFUL, ONLY MAKING ALEX WISH SHE HAD GONE WITH HER BROTHER TO MIKES. Nothing in her wanted to listen to Nancy talk about Steve and what could possibly happen at this party. It didn't even feel like a party to Alex, it was just a few friends and Steve's house, it's not like it was something very special.

Alex walked further behind Nancy and Barb as they talked amongst one another. She felt she had no place in the conversation. Moments like this, she wished there was another girl that would join their group that was more like her. That way she had someone to talk to as well. That wasn't the case, so Alex had to amuse herself on the walk. With each step, Alex tried to crunch as many leaves as possible, finding that her sense of entertainment.

As they had approached the house, Alex had made quick work to catch up. Hesitantly, Nancy looked at the two girls; a part of her ready to head back for a sleepover instead. Then all she thought of was all the hurtful things Tommy would say if she had been a no-show. Turning back, she reached out and pressed her finger to the doorbell.

It hadn't taken long for Steve to race towards the door. The beginning of the evening had consisted of him listening to Tommy run his mouth, often bashing the three coming, and for him, it was tiresome to listen to. Quickly coming to a halt before the door, he fixed his hair once again before throwing it open with a grin.

"Hello ladies," Steve's eyes darted to each girl, smiling like it was the most glorious day of his life. His eyes lingered on Alex a little longer than the other two, upset that she already looked bored with a frown on her face.

Holding the door open wider, he had motioned for all of them to come in. Heading in first, Nancy had felt her nerves spike until Steve quickly leaned down and gave her a quick kiss on her head as she passed by. Barb had followed after, already feeling Nancy had been squealing in her mind.

Before Alex could follow in after them, Steve slammed his hand on the opposite of the door, completely blocking her way. "I said hello, ladies. Don't think you greeted me yet. Can't let you in until you do."

Alex had chosen to duck under his arm and allow herself in before she had completely frozen outside. Pulling her hands out of her pocket, she rubbed her hands together as she came walking in. "How's the party so far?" she asked as he appeared beside her. 

"Let's see... You're here so, yeah. The party just started." A thought had struck him as he snapped his fingers. Before she could question his strange behavior, he placed his hands over her eyes as he stood behind her. "There's something I have to show you." Guiding her towards the kitchen, he had passed over Nancy and Barb that glanced at one another in confusion.