𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

I CAN'T DO THIS ALONE !

☀︎

THE THREE HAD SAT IN THE CAR IN FRONT OF STEVE'S HOUSE. The car was quiet as they had all looked at each other, unsure if they should talk about the car ride there. It had grown late and all that could be heard was Hammer To Fall playing over the radio. Alex had seemed more at an ease and back to her somewhat normal self, but she had been just as confused as them.

"So, what are we doing here?" She asked as the first one to speak. "We haven't really talked about this big plan or anything."

Each of their eyes had turned to Dustin, but he had looked over his sister more intently. There was a hesitation on telling Alex everything after he had seen the behavior she had been showing. "You wouldn't do anything to put the party in jeopardy, right?"

Attempting a smile, she awkwardly looked to Steve before meeting Dustin's eyes again. "Of course I wouldn't. Did I do something compromising?"

"Not yet at least," he sighed, "Do you like Steve or something?"

Startled, Alex flashed her brother a look of warning. "Earth to Dustin, he's right here." However, Steve had hoped to turn himself invisible so they would carry on the conversation as if he wasn't. He was instantly curious to hear her answer.

"I asked a question," Dustin stated. "I need to know if that's why you're being a freak."

Alex tensed at his words and bit her bottom lip as she turned back in her seat to avoid looking at either of them. "I'm not acting like this over Steve, and I'm not a freak."

Steve turned back in his own seat with a soft sigh. "Yeah, man, we're friends. And don't call her a freak, dude. Not cool."

"I'm not trying to be cool, Steve," he sassed back. "I'm looking for answers before I disclose important information. Something's wrong with Alex, clearly."

"I'm not going to screw this up, whatever it is you have planned," she said as she crossed her arms. "Don't ask for help if you're gonna be a big baby, D."

Dustin let out a deep sigh, "We're going to our house because I found this thing... his name is Dart and he... he's evolving into a demogorgon and... he might have eaten Mews..." Dustin's voice slowly started to trail off as he finished off his sentence. Mews was important to not just his mom, but Alex as well. She was the family cat, but she often slept in Alex's room and spent most of her time following her around when their mom wasn't holding her.

Spinning around in her seat, Alex had anger radiating off of her. "It killed my cat?" She spoke loudly in surprise. "Where is it? I'm killing it."

"That's the plan! Steve's grabbing his bat now, right, Steve?" Looking over to him, he raised his brow up in question.