𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

I PREFER HIM OVER YOU !

☀︎

ALEX HAD PUT ALL OF HER TRUST INTO THE BOYS TO WATCH OVER THE GIRL THEY HAD FOUND. It wasn't hard for her to put full faith in the boys and for them to allow Alex into their party. She knew there was no one she could trust more. That young girl was someone that Alex couldn't seem to get out of her head, causing her to be more distant than usual in school.

Nancy Wheeler had been so focused on studying for her chemistry exam coming up that Alex had been certain that she had been in the dark about the girl hiding out in her house. Still, listening to Barb run through flashcards, Alex couldn't focus on it and Nancy was going to pass her exam anyways so it had only seemed pointless at this point. Barb had glanced over to Alex with concern, noticing her eyes focused on the floor with her books clutched tightly to her chest. "You okay, Alex?"

Briefly glancing up to Barb, Alex gave a small shrug, "Late night, I guess. I've been worried about Will..."

Not listening at all, Nancy had given a tap to her notecards when she had noticed that Barb had failed to continue. "Come on. Next question."

Sending Nancy a small glare, Barb was not too impressed by her inability to notice the strange behavior of their friend. Still, she had cleared her throat in a disapproving manner until continuing with the chemistry questions written down.

These questions did not last long as the three had continued down the hallway. Ready to round another corner of the halls before class, Steve had spotted them and was not too thrilled with their lack of entertainment. In a swift motion, he had taken the cards from Barb's grip-- which had been easy given she didn't really care to study-- and he continued by wrapping on arm around Alex.

Following along, Tommy had tickled inside Barb's ear while Carol had given a small yank to Nancy's hair. Instantly, all three of the girls had brushed away the people that came to annoy them, causing them all to huddle together as Steve rifled through the notecards. "I think you've studied enough, Nance. I'm telling you, you know, you got this." Bringing his eyes up from the notecards, his eyes instantly flicked over to Alex. "She's got this, right, Alex?"

Letting out a small sigh, Alex forced a smile to her face as she looked around the group. "Yeah, totally."

Taking note of the strange behavior in Alex's tone of voice, he decided to try and cheer her up. Of course, if he had asked her to hang out with him he would not hear the end of it from Tommy and Carol. It didn't help the fact that Nancy had been looking up to him with a sparkle in her eyes. So he settled on a more inclusive idea. "On to more important matters. My dad left town on a conference and my mom's gone with him, cause, you know, she doesn't trust him. So are you guys in?"