𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

IT'S HERE !

☀︎

JONATHAN, NANCY, AND ALEX HAD STOLEN THEIR STUFF BACK FROM THE POLICE STATION BEFORE THEY HAD ARRIVED AT THE BYERS. There was a silence between them all as they had prepared the house and themselves for what was going to come tonight.

Nancy had passed over a baseball bat towards Alex with a grin. The bat that she had passed over and her very own were prepped and ready with nails forced through them. Alex looked hers over as she held her breath for a brief moment, taking it all in. Tonight, this was her weapon of choice to put an end to the monster.

With a small sigh, she rested it against the coffee table as she grabbed the gasoline tank to finish off the rest of their trap. Pouring a majority around the beartrap that Jonathan had set up, she then trailed it off right up until Will's bedroom where they'd drop the match down below. Looking up as the last drop fell, she watched as Nancy had filled the only gun they had with bullets before looking up to her. "Ready?"

Alex gave no verbal response as she had made her way down the hall and stepped over the bear trap. Nancy had understood her denial to answer, even she wasn't so sure she was ready for something like this. Heading out from the kitchen had been Jonathan as he held out a knife to each of the girls. "Remember," he began quietly as they had each taken their knives.

"Straight into Will's room," Nancy whispered.

"And don't step on the trap," Alex reminded them. It was right in the path that they had laid out. If the monster had followed them as they predicted, then it would fall right in and everything would work out perfectly.

"Then wait for the yo-yo to move," Nancy added in. Both girls looked to Jonathan next as he held up a lighter. Flicking it on, he let the flame dance around for a little bit before closing it up. They would set the monster on fire the moment it had fallen into the trap. It wasn't much of a plan, but it was what they had to work with.

"You ready?" he asked the two. Tucking away the lighter, he held up his knife. They would cut themselves until they bled, calling the monster to them. Afterwards, there would be no backing out so now was the time to run.

Standing huddled together, the three held out their palms upwards with the knife laying on top. On the count of three, they had all squeezed their eyes shut as the blades dug into their palms. Instantly, blood had poured from their cuts, officially calling the monster to them.

"It would've been easier if Alex just fell again," Jonathan whispered after hearing all of them let out a small wince in pain.

"Shut the hell up, Byers," Alex laughed, setting her knife down on the coffee table. Nancy hid her smile as she passed around bandages for them. Nancy and Jonathan chose to wrap each others up while Alex paced in front of them, bandaging herself up. As of now, it was a waiting game. At any moment, the lights should begin to flicker, announcing the arrival of the monster.