𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

NOT ALL THAT LUCKY !

☀︎

THE NEXY DAY OF SCHOOL HAD ALEX ON EDGE. After Jonathan and Nancy had ditched school midway through the day yesterday, they had continued to be a no show today. Had it not been for the monster in her mind, she wouldn't have thought much of it, but now, all she could hear was the whispers that they had left her behind, no care for what she had been going through. And since the battle between Steve and Billy, she was not all that interested in sitting in their gym class to watch another fight brew over a game of basketball.

Outside the school, Alex had been wandered around as she snapped pictures to keep her mind occupied. It had helped that the chill in the air had kept her much more cooled down than sitting in the school had. Flashes of the monster in the sky had came and went as she grew hotter.

Looking up towards the sky, snapping a few shots, wondering if any would be able to catch the monster that she had seen. It had overtaken the sky as a dark shadow, its arms snaking through the sky as it kept his eye on her. It was unsettling, but the more he had spoken, the safer Alex had felt with it around. It never did put her in harms way after all, it only told her what he knew was the truth— or what it had wanted Alex to believe.

Standing in what looked to be the Upside Down, Alex snapped pictures of the dark roots that twisted all around Hawkins. There was the occasional low growl from the demogorgons lurking inside, but none had made an appearance.

Heading to class, Steve had done a double take as he watched Alex standing in the field just outside the school, taking pictures of the ground before her. Not thinking much of it, he headed her way in hopes of asking her to sit in his gym class again. As he approached, he called out her name, but in return had not gotten a response.

Alex was whispering to what he believed to be herself as she turned her camera up to the sky. Looking up, he didn't see much as there wasn't even a cloud in the sky above them. Reaching out, he called her name as he tapped her arm, still there had been no response.

Lost in her own mind, she made conversation with the monster above, debating with him if what he had told her was the truth, was even real. All he had wanted was for her to see that he truly was the only one there for her, she just needed to see it.

Looking around her, she watched as the monsters arms slipped down from the sky, slowly coming towards her, which it had never done before. Taking a step back, she bumped into Steve, completely unaware as she looked down at its arms in slight fear. With comforting whispers, it had snaked his arms around her ankles, slowly maneuvered it around her body.

Speaking of Will Byers, it had taunted her with the thought of taking him instead as he had already done so much more yesterday. Alex had quickly refused this as its arm made its way up her neck and slowly brushing against her cheek.