𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

TONIGHT YOU BELONG TO ME

☀︎

ALEX HENDERSON BELIEVED THAT SHE WAS ALWAYS HAUNTED BY A CURSE-- CAUSING AN UNDYING PAIN TO THOSE THAT SHE SURROUNDED HERSELF WITH. Crouched below a rocketship play area, she had her chance to look at the Creel House. A home lurking with darkness, no life to ever walk those halls again. Inside was a monster-- a man that was far too vicious for this world. This was the night she had been dreading for the longest time-- a battle that she was certain would end in bloodshed. No matter who it had been, friend or monster, was a loss to her.

It was quiet as the four teens waited for their signal to enter. To wait felt that there was an anticipation brewing for the worst to be beyond those doors. Yet all Alex could do was watch the Creel house, wondering what could be ready and waiting for them inside. An abandoned home with broken windows that displayed no signs of life on the other side blended in perfectly with the world around them.

Crouched beside her, Steve had been the only one to not take his eyes off her. Somehow this had felt like the end and everything he ever dreamed or hoped for would be ripped away by the man inside. He needed to capture what could be his last moment with her. It wasn't at all what he could have imagined for the two. Together, covered in dirt and grime of the Upside Down, a broken pain in her eyes as she watched the house, and there so little time after finally finding one another again. Steve wished he took it all back. Every moment he sat at work, debating whether the next girl that walked in could compare to Alex Henderson when all he had to do was find her and never leave no matter how hard she pushed everyone away.

Now he was stuck hoping he had more than enough time to make up for the time he lost. This couldn't be the end. He couldn't stand for her last moments to be at the very house she couldn't take her eyes off when she couldn't even look at him. A mixture of fear and determination to end it all took all her focus. Henry Creel had her attention all this time he needed her.

That stained glass window centered in the doorway clouded her mind. She feared that soon enough it would be all she would see. The rest of the world felt darkened and faded as the front door to the Creel House slowly opened as if it welcomed her home. A beautiful golden glow began to light up the windows and emitted from the open doorway. It somehow felt like home and it called to her. Only it wasn't the house itself that awaited her, but the monster within. Flooding into her mind, he wished to be the one to show he waited for her arrival and he would be the one to welcome her with open arms.

Steve wasn't one to find comfort in the home before him. Instead, he went to reach for her but she felt lost. His eyes continued to stare at her, believing that a part of her mind was elsewhere as her eyes clouded over. It easily could have been a trick of his eyes, believing that every horror he imagined was his reality— it was, but Henry wasn't finished quite yet. Whether it was Vecna or not, he wished to pull her out of her trance with the house. His hand laid over hers, fingers wrapping around, immediately finding that comfort with her in a way he always knew worked. At this rate, it was almost instinct to hold her when he felt a little lost. Living in a world where he couldn't hold her was one he never wished to live in.