𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

DON'T DO THAT AGAIN !

☀︎

THE MOMENT THAT HOPPER AND ALEX WALKED INTO WILL'S SMALL BEDROOM, JOYCE HANDED HIM A STACK OF PAPERS. Taking it in his hands, Hopper quickly rifled through them, only to see that it had all been the same scribbles. Taking a seat on Will's bed, Alex had watched as he furiously colored more of these pictures, allowing them to fall to the floor after swiping them off his desk.

Shifting his eyes from the stack, Hopper had met Joyce's eyes. She was panicked, nervously biting at her nails. There was no telling her things would be okay from where she was standing. As days passed, Will had become worse, and now with Hopper involved and Alex visiting her rather than Jonathan had been slightly alarming.

"Alex, let's hear it. What exactly are you seeing?" Hopper asked

"Uh, I don't know. It's this thing... he takes up the whole sky... he's got all these arms..." Alex shut her eyes as the image of the monster had came to her mind in more detail. How he had towered over her, every bit of terror drifting through her mind as she had thought of it. However, her description had spiked an idea in Joyce's mind. Shifting through the papers on Will's desk, she grabbed a picture that had contained more detail than those around it.

Holding out the paper out towards Alex, she tapped it a few times before her hand flew back up to her mouth. Alex's eyes had darted around the paper as she looked over the drawing that had been by Will Byers. Standing over the trees and occupying the sky had been what she had seen and what she had heard. "That's him," she said softly, unable to pull her eyes away.

"Is that the thing that's talking to you?" Hopper asked. Alex nodded her head in response, but Hopper did not fail to notice the panic settling over her as she continued to stare at the drawing. Reaching out, he gently removed the picture from her hands and tossed it on the bed behind her.

"Talking to you?" Joyce had questioned her as she hurriedly took a seat beside Alex. "Will describes them as now memories. Things that are happening now, just not to him."

"No, she really means talking to her," Hopper said with a shake of his head. "What the hell are we dealing with now?" His question had gone unanswered as another stack of papers had fallen around their feet from Will as he continued to draw. Sighing, Hopper had picked them up and looked them over once more. Still, they meant nothing— or nothing as far as he could tell.

Holding out her hand, Joyce had wiggled her fingers to signal to Hopper to pass them over. Though they had seemed meaningless from her point of view, she knew she could not feel or know what Will had been thinking. Hopeful, she held out the stack towards Alex— someone who very well could know. "Alex, does this mean anything to you?"

Alex had taken the stack form Joyce and at first felt she could be of no help. However, as she began to flip through the pages, her panicked breathing had picked back up as a rush of emotion had ran through her. It was uncertain if it was fear or comfort that she had felt flowing through her. However, inside her, she was yet to know the mixed emotions wasn't lack of understanding, but a shared brain and body with a monster that she could not rid.