𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐰𝐨

EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE

☀︎

ALEX HENDERSON WAS LOST TO THOSE THAT LOVED HER. She was nothing more than a lifeless figure, left to kneel before them as she faced the darkness of Vecna. Never once did she feel Nancy frantically call for help as her hand was left lifeless in hers, Steve's hold onto her, cupping her face in his hands as he called desperately for her to return to him. Right then and there, she was fallen under a curse— one that could rip away every dream she had in mind for the future.

And Alex hadn't even known it yet. Still holding onto Nancy's hand in her mind, she cried and this time, they were nothing but pure happiness. Squeezing on tight, she laid her other hand on top, feeling the weight on her chest move, allowing her to breathe again. In the world Vecna created for her, the moment she felt that bit of happiness hold onto her, he took that opportunity to rip it all away.

A new darkness shadowed over the Upside Down as Nancy ripped her hand out from Alex's. With panicked breathing, Nancy frantically kicked herself away from Alex, taking hold of Steve's hand as she pulled him with her. "Go away!"

Flinching at her words, Alex's chin quivered to see such a fear in Nancy's eyes. "Nance?" Once more, Nancy jerked back from Alex's motions to get her back. "No," she whispered in a shaky breath. "No, Nance, it's me. You're back. Please." Alex felt her face grow hot as tears sat on the edge of her waterline. "I-I was so scared, Nance."

"I don't care! Look what you did to me! To us! Go away!"

"I-I didn't... I didn't do anything," Alex spoke gently, a sadness consuming her. Unsure how she wound up in such a situation to face all the blame, she turned to look back up at the gate. Crowded around, those on the other side watched from above, standing motionless. Blood began to drip down from their eyes, expressionless to the horrors they faced.

Letting out a sob, Alex forced herself to look away from what they claimed she had done. Breathing heavily through panicked breaths, she brought herself to look at Steve and Nancy as they rose to their feet. There was a change to them— their eyes sucked out from their skulls and blood pooled underneath their eyes, however, they lost no expression. They continued to taunt with rage written all over their faces. "Look at what you did," Nancy spoke breathlessly, raising a finger to her chest.

"You're a monster," Steve said in disgust. "And you thought I could love you?"

"Steve, please," she cried. Pressing her palms together, she pleaded for all of this to come to an end. All of it felt too real and every part of her broke apart inside. These past few days being surrounded by friends and love, it was ripped away in a matter of seconds. Every happy memory was tarnished by Vecna's hold. Tears clouded her eyes the more they ran down her face and she trembled in her spot. "Please, I didn't... I didn't mean to hurt anyone. I-I promise."