𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

THE SUPER SPECIAL
ROBIN BUCKLEY !

THE SUPER SPECIAL ROBIN BUCKLEY !

☀︎

AS THE TWO GIRLS HAD RAN AS LONG AS THEY COULD, THEY STILL HAD NOT COME TO THE END OF THE HALLWAY. Things were beginning to look bleak as the two had panted breaths, slowing into a walk to catch their breaths and wait for the other three. Exhausted from their journey, Alex had carelessly sat herself down, leaning back up against the wall.

Placing her head in her hands, she had shut her eyes lightly, unsure if the soft voices that came and went in her mind had been there or if the pure exhaustion had her mind playing tricks on her. Sniffling her nose, she had lifted her head, letting it rest against the wall behind her as her brain had battled itself for control. When she had opened her eyes, she saw Robin sitting against the wall across from her, just as tired and out of breath. "I guess we're waiting," Alex said quietly. Shaking her head at Robin, Alex had realized her complete disbelief in her newest friend. "I can't believe you actually trusted us, look where that got you."

"You all trapped me in some sort of hell," Robin laughed.

Alex had returned the smile, but she would have taken another day in this underground Russian base than to what she knew was a real hell. Sometimes she could still smell the toxic air that filled the Upside Down, and it never did help that the feeling of the monsters inside still managed to create a chill down her spine. But that was behind her and she needed to press forward. "Yeah, well, now that sort of means you're trapped with all of us forever. We're kinda terrible at letting people get away from us."

Robin had smiled down to herself, picking at her nails as a means of distraction. She may have been out there and wasn't always afraid to say what was on her mind, but this was the first time she really felt she belonged in a group. What was hard was that she didn't know how to admit she felt the same without some sarcastic remark to follow.

"I'd be much happier not knowing there are evil Russians beneath our feet and slinging ice cream with your schmuck boyfriend," she said as she let her hands fall back into her lap. "I can't believe I could die here with Alex Henderson and Steve Harrington, who would have guessed?"

"Well, its been an honor knowing you. It was fun while it lasted," Alex said with a light hearted laugh. "But it is sort of trippy, huh? Turns out it would've been better for you if we weren't friends."

Robin couldn't begin to imagine how much better it could have been. Sure, she would be safetly above ground, clueless to the dangers that took place within Hawkins, but the people she thought she would never be friends with just before the summer started were now people she didn't want to imagine a life without. Sliding herself across the floor, she had sat beside Alex now, keeping her eyes down at her feet. "I'd still take whatever trippy shit you two got. It's been sort of fun, even if we might die in a secret Russian base. But there is one thing I still can't wrap my head around."