𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

A PARTY OF OUR OWN !

☀︎

IT WAS VITAL FOR THE LARGE GROUP TO GET MORE INFORMATION THAN WHAT THEY HAD NOW. With Will lost in the Shadow Monsters grasp, dread filled the group with what was going on in the boys mind. With the watchful eye of the monster in the sky, everyone separated into different groups to prepare the Byers shed to call the boy back home and to his rightful reality.

Alex headed inside after time spent digging through garbage to cover the shed to see if Mike and Max had any luck looking for more supplies in the kitchen. As soon as she made her way through the doorway, Mike had sent her a dangerous look, warning her to not say anything as he walked passed her. His conversation with Max had not gone well as intended and their dislike for one another had not gone away. 

Alex had let him go off as she stepped over the littered floor before taking a seat beside her on the kitchen floor. Max had avoided eye contact as she continued to duct tap cardboard over the legs of a chair. Alex knew she wanted to let out her frustrations, but couldn't find it in herself to speak up in fear another person would push her away but Alex wasn't like that. "Still not in the party?" she asked softly.

"Guess not," she whispered

She leaned forward, lightly punching Max's arm to get her to look. "Well, if they don't let you in their party then we'll start a party of our own."

"Don't tell me we have to invite Steve into our party," Max groaned as she played along. Steve had made it quite clear and obvious he was the smallest bit jealous that not a single person had invited him into the party despite him not even knowing what it had all meant.

Alex shook her head in response with a small laugh. "Gross, of course not."

Max couldn't hold back her smile any longer as she dropped the duct tape into her lap. "As long as we don't invite Billy either. No boys, they suck."

"Screw boys," Alex playfully agreed. It seemed that every boy around the two had managed to be the absolute dumbest or be some sort of asshole when they were around— and if they weren't any of that, they were clueless, typical boys.

After the laughter died down, both girls grew silent, lost in their own heads. Max, thinking of her brother, Billy Hargrove, wondering why he couldn't have been nicer. She thought that if he had been, Alex Henderson, someone she hadn't known long but had already known she'd never let go, would fall for him so she could be the one to say her brother had someone she would proudly tell everyone about.

Alex on the other hand thought of the other boy Max had brought up. Steve Harrington always littered her thoughts, however with the arrival of Nancy Wheeler, she could already feel him slipping away from her once again. Nancy was beautiful, sweet and smart— everything that Alex couldn't blame anyone for falling for.