𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

WE HAD THIS WHOLE
THING PLANNED !

WE HAD THIS WHOLE THING PLANNED !

☀︎

AFTER A NIGHT OUT IN WHAT FELT TO BE AN ENDLESS STORM, THE RAIN HAD CAME TO A STOP AND ROBIN AND ALEX HAD FINALLY FALLEN ASLEEP. Waking early in the morning, Robin had debated letting Alex sleep or to get her moving for another day at Starcourt. After the night they had and knowing that the stress would only continue when they chased down the Russians that infiltrated Starcourt, she decided on letting her rest. Instead, she hitched a ride with the younger Henderson for a trip to Starcourt.

When Alex had arrived at Scoops Ahoy later into the afternoon, she had been freshly cleaned from the previous nights race through the mud as if it all had been washed away from her mind. Only Alex was forced to make room for all the chaos that tumbled through her mind. It had stained her mind just as her once white high top Chucks had been the only thing unable to be washed clean from the mud.

Upon entering Scoops, she had made way for the back room, allowing herself in. Sitting around the table, the rest of the group had put their conversation on hold at the sight of her arrival. Throwing his hands up, Dustin had made it a much bigger deal than it had truly been. "Finally, she's here and looks like shit."

Ignoring him, Alex had made her way around the table towards Steve. Leaning against his chair, she rested her arm around the back, "Fill me in on what I missed."

Standing up, Steve offered her his chair, taking his Scoops Ahoy hat off and placing it right on hers the second she filled in his spot. "These morons are trying to find a way into that room those guys were guarding. Dustin was just up on the roof checking it out."

"On your own?" Alex questioned in surprise. A look of guilt spread over Dustin's face before Alex reached out, giving him a smack to his arm. "Dude, you're like a full blown spy. It's like you don't even need us," she laughed.

"Okay, but there's gotta be a way in. We need ideas," Robin stated. She bit her bottom lip as she played thoughtlessly with her ice cream scooper. "I'd settle for anything at this point."

Feeling a surge of confidence, Steve crossed his arms, ready to hear Alex's approval just the same as Dustin. "You know, I could just take 'em out."

"I really hope you mean me... like on a date because there's no way you're fighting anyone," Alex said to his disappointment.

"What, no," he frowned. "I sneak in behind the Russian guard, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy."

"It's so not easy," Alex said as she propped her chin up in her hands.

"Did you not hear the part of the massive gun?" Dustin questioned him.