𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

WE HAVE SOME CONDITIONS !

☀︎

AFTER SCHOOL, ALEX HAD SPENT TIME HELPING THE BYERS SEARCH FOR WILL. When Alex had offered to head to see Jonathan and Will's dad, Lonnie by herself, Joyce had decided that it was most likely the best time for her to go home. Not because she was afraid that Alex was too involved, but because she had offered to - in the kindest way possible to say it - kick him right between the legs until he had told them if he had seen Will, and Joyce was afraid that she'd take up Alex's offer or possibly join in with her on such a plan.

Jonathan had offered her a ride home, afraid that soon enough, someone else he had cared deeply for would disappear on him but Alex knew she could head home alone. Riding her bike at night was a perfect way to clear her head and forget the stress of looking for the lost boy.

This had taken her down the long way back home. Something about the forest had felt uneasy as if something much darker had been lurking through it, waiting for its moment to pounce. Riding down the street the Wheelers lived on, it had felt calming without the woods staring back at her.

Before she could come passed the house, Mike Wheeler had seemed to be on a mission as he pulled his bike out of the garage. Alex had let her feet hit the pavement as she watched him hop on and head down the driveway. "Going somewhere?" she asked curiously, perching her chin in her hand as she rested her elbow on her handlebars.

Instantly, Mike had come to a stop, watching her with wide eyes out of fear that soon he'd go missing too. When his eyes settled in on Alex, his shoulders slacked. "Nancy can't hang out tonight. She's too busy pouting in her room."

Dropping her arm down, she held tightly onto her handlebars as she scooted her bike closer to his. "I'm heading home now actually. Nice backpack though...  Didn't know you were so eager for school already," she teased.

Scoffing, Mike had readjusted his backpack out of nerves. "I was just..."

Before he could come up with his best excuse for leaving so late, a rustle in the Wheeler's bushes had caught their attention. Each had tensed up as they looked towards the house. If something dangerous had been lurking, Alex told herself that there would be no excuse - she'd take on anything for Mike to be safe.

Then Steve Harrington had stood up straight, coming into view. Slowly turning his head, he had taken in the fact that he had been caught and there was no way out of it. Attempting to play it cool, he rested up against the house and gave them a small wave.

Perching herself upright on her bike, Alex turned back to Mike with an annoyed expression. "Come on, I need someone to keep me safe on my way back."