𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

NOT SCARY ENOUGH !

☀︎

IT HAD TAKEN SOME PHYSICS AND MUSCLE, BUT THE GROUP HAD MANAGED TO FLIP THE CAR. They jumped down from the counter and began to scatter. Jonathan and Nancy worked to grab the ignition cable while Mike and Max had followed Eleven who had been hunched over a garbage can. Digging through, she searched for an empty can of Coke, wanting to test her powers. She knew they had been falling short, but now it seemed as if they were coming to a slow stop.

Alex, Will, and Lucas had watched Jonathan and Nancy, waiting for them to give them an escape out of the mall. Once they had that ignition cable, they were free to head out to Illinois and leave Hawkins behind until this had all come to an end.

Then a chill had washed over Will, causing his hand to clutch onto the back of his neck. His breathing became feathery as he looked over at Alex. She had seemed unbothered as she continued her conversation with Lucas. They were making plans of what would happen when they were free of this night. A horror movie marathon seemed like a long shot when they didn't know if they would survive until tomorrow.

"Poltergeist is a good one too," Alex added in. "Maybe The Evil Dead."

"What about Ghostbusters?" He asked, but she had scrunched up her nose with a shake of her head. "Not scary enough." Lucas gave in, shrugging as he nodded his head. "Maybe after then if anyone's scared."

Will shifted his eyes across them as they spoke, waiting for Alex to speak up and wondering if she ever would. She had seemed calm and unaware of the feel of the Mind Flayer. Reaching his hand out, Will went to pat her arm to get her attention. When his fingers had just gently touched her shoulder, Alex had felt her body grow cold with numbness. Hunching over, her hands covered her ears as a ringing overtook her mind. Blood had gushed from her nose as the untouched parts of her brain battled against the darkness the Mind Flayer had implemented inside of her.

Lucas stepped closer to her, laying his hand on her back as he looked around for some help. Will grew panicked as he watched her. "He's here."

His warning had been too late as the others had pulled their eyes off of Alex when the ceiling above them had begun to rumble. Through the glass ceiling of the Starcourt Mall had the large flesh-made monster of the Mind Flayer. The glass threatened to break with every pounding step of the monster.

Taking a hold of Alex, Lucas had guided her over as she kept her hands over her ears and her eyes squeezed shut, blocking the pain the best she could. It was a matter of safety to him and even if he enjoyed battling it out with Alex, he could never leave her behind. When Max had run over to the two, she had grabbed Alex by the waist and pulled her from Lucas. "I got her. Get by Nancy," she instructed. Lucas debated, keeping ahold of Alex but when he had met Max's eyes, he knew this meant something to her. Alex was one of the greatest things in her life. She was an older sister to her when that was all she had ever wanted.