𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

SO THE WEIRDO WASN'T LYING !

☀︎

WILL BYERS HAD BEEN FOUND DEAD IN THE WATER AT THE QUARRY. This news had not gone well with anyone. Everyone had their own reactions to the news, some unable to believe the truth, some frozen in emotion, and those that couldn't hold it together.

It had all felt unreal to Alex Henderson. She hadn't been certain if her lack of reaction had been from the overwhelming emotion or that she had refused to believe that as the truth. Will Byers was a shy boy that was always kind, even when his best friends would go around the group, attempting to come up with the best insult for Alex. Though she had never minded the boys and their antics, Will always stood out with his good heart.

School had felt as if it had only dragged on. Jonathan had been absent for the day which had been understandable but once again Barb had been missing out. Something had seemed to be occupying Nancy's mind as she had been distant from everyone.

After school, Alex had stuck to her word on listening to Mike and Dustin on heading straight to the Wheelers as soon as she got out. Barely even able to get her jacket on as she rushed out of the school, she collided right into Steve as he came out from an alley that he had just spoken to Nancy in.

Sighing loudly, he slapped his hands against his jeans in frustration. "Yeah, you won't believe this. Cops are gonna question us about the party cause of Nance."

Confused, Alex just dropped her bag down to her feet as he had spoken and threw on her jacket.

"She's freaking out about Barb, who, by the way, is still a no show. Apparently, she went to my house when I wasn't even there and is talking crazy about some dude."

Picking up her bag, Alex had patted his chest lightly with a small, somewhat reassuring smile and went to walk away. There was no use in listening to Steve's complaints on Nancy when she had felt there were much more problems at hand. However, he grabbed her arm just as she pulled her hand away from his chest and put her to a complete stop.

"So, what? You can't believe me right now either?"

"I gotta go find Dustin and Lucas. They're, uh, hanging out at my house after school and Dustin doesn't have the key..." Pausing, she hoped her lie was good enough. She hated doing it, but the more that Steve had been left in the dark about the young girl secretly living in the Wheeler's basement, the better. "They need me right now," she whispered. "They were there when the cops pulled out Will's body. I mean, I had to practically hold Dustin all night to get him to feel good enough to even go to school today."

"Right," he breathed out releasing her arm. "You know, if you wanted, I could totally pick you guys all up and head to the movies or something. That's how I distract myself."