𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

I'M JUST HAPPY
I'M WITH STEVE !

I'M JUST HAPPY I'M WITH STEVE !

☀︎

WORK HAD BEEN PUT ON HOLD FOR STEVE HARRINGTON. Rather he had found himself hiding in the fake plants in the center of the mall with the Henderson's on either side of him. Between the three, they had shared one pair of binoculars and a very slow thought process. Whatever they were doing, they were certain it was going to further them in solving the code the Russians had given.

Keeping a lookout, Dustin and Alex had kept an eye out for any one they had seen as suspicious in the nearby area. Steve had used the binoculars to look further out into the mall. The only issue was, two were not sure what exactly they were looking for.

Eyes shifting across the mall, Dustin had given a small nudge to Steve, "See anything?"

Peering through the binoculars, Steve had tried to decide what it was he was looking out for. When nothing had came to mind, he pulled the binoculars down from his eyes. "I guess I don't totally know what I'm looking for."

"Evil Russians," Dustin whispered.

Giving a small nod, Steve had still been at a loss. "I don't know what an evil Russian looks like." He had pulled his eyes away from the binoculars to raise his brows at Alex before he went back to find anything that could stand out to him.

Seeing the look on Steve's face had Alex smiling to herself. Whether it be something as small as exchanged looks, it had never failed to have her turning away with a smile spreading across her face.

Dustin wasn't so amused. "Tall and blonde. Not smiling. Also, look for earpieces, camp, duffel bags, that sort of thing."

Silently repeating those few descriptive words to himself, Steve searched for those very things. However, no matter how much he tried to focus in on finding an evil Russian, he also found himself very distracted. As he had scanned the crowd of people, the sight of two former high school classmates had caught his attention. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me. Anna Jacobi's talking with that meat head Mark Lewinsky. Jesus Christ, whatever happened to standards? Lewinsky never even came off the bench!"

Growing curious, Alex had taken the binoculars from Steve's hands. With the strap still around his neck, she had accidentally pulled him along with the binoculars. With his face against hers, he had pointed up to the couple as she gave a good look herself. "Oh, come on, she could do so much better than him. What the hell is she thinking? He's a total moron."

Pursing his lips together, Dustin had tried to keep his aggravation under control with the two now in discussion over a couple that didn't concern them. Yet seeing them close to one another and being able to agree so easily with one another, his jealousy had skyrocketed. How Dustin had wanted to be in their place with Suzy, a girl that almost everyone had been convinced didn't even exist.