𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

YOU WERE RIGHT,
WE DESERVE BETTER !

YOU WERE RIGHT, WE DESERVE BETTER !

☀︎

A NIGHT MEANT FOR FUN AT THE FAIR HAD FELT LIKE A DREAM THAT WAS A LIFETIME BEHIND THEM. Out of the elevator, the group had taken a breath of fresh air as they greeted the outside world. The three of Alex, Steve and Robin had all clung tightly onto one another as they once again found themselves at what had seemed to be nothing, but was entirely funny to them. The other two had to lead them, rolling their eyes at their antics of licking the air that they had thought was so delicious.

Being free from under the base was just a step in the right direction, but it was by no means the end. The gates before them had opened revealing Russian guards, armed and ready to stop the intruders that discovered their secrets. Dustin and Erica had paused in their tracks at the sight of them, ready for take-off before one person had seen it as an opportunity to say hello.

"Hey! Happy fourth of July!" Alex yelled, pushing Steve and Robin off of her as she advanced past the kids. Grabbing her by the crook of her arm, Erica spun her back around and shoved her back inside as Dustin handled the other two.

While Erica took the lead, the younger Henderson had put the duty on himself to try and get his older sister to stay focused as they walked. "We need to get the hell out of here!"

"Oh, oh, we should go to the movies!" Giddy with excitement, Alex had tried to reach Steve as they continued ahead. "Oh, Steve, we have a date tonight!"

"Oh, yeah! Movies!" Letting go of Robin and Erica, he had stopped to stay behind for the Hendersons to catch up. "Are we going to the movies?"

"Yeah, fine, I don't care," Dustin said. It wasn't exactly an agreement, but he didn't see any other option for them. However, with Steve thinking a date was occurring he began to slow down as he attempted to fix his hair for better preparation to look good enough for Alex. Realizing this, Dustin used his greatest weapon at getting Steve to focus. "We can take you to the movies but you gotta get him to move his ass."

Seeing the urgency in Dustin's eyes, Alex nodded her head with wide eyes and grabbed onto Steve's hand so he would stay close to them. "You look great, babe. Don't even worry about it. Do you think you could move a little faster and this time I swear I'll kiss you!"

Without any hesitation or doubt, Steve had dropped her hand and began to race past all of them and down the hall. "Well, that worked," Dustin said in approval.

"I'll go get him," Alex said and took off after him next. Rather than call her back, Dustin had seen this as an opportunity to get them ahead before they could fall behind again.

Up ahead, the two had run alongside one another, laughing as they challenged each other at getting there before the other. Just before them had been the doors leading into the theater and both had locked eyes in on it, picking up the pace before crashing into it and sending the doors wide open.