𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐧

PLEASE REMEMBER ME

☀︎

HE HELD HER IN HIS ARMS AS HE TOOK TO HIS TRUEST FORM. Henry was the monster that Hawkins pinned him to be. He had a way with words, manipulation, and a charm like no other. He had his way of turning a determined girl, fighting to end him into a helpless child, able to convince her that he was all she needed. He plagued her mind.

His monstrous form held her in his arms. The coldness around them chilled Alex's bones. This was wrong and she knew it. Knowing it was wrong froze her hold on him, leaving her tense. Fear clouded her judgment because all she knew she wanted was a love that could protect her and instead she managed to run from it and fall into the arms of someone willing to hurt her.

Her eyes turned up in curiosity. Was this the man she somehow grew fond of? Was he Henry, with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a charming smile? No, this was the monster she only ran from. This was the man that was torn apart and pieced back together from a world so dark and twisted. Alex wanted to scream but Henry already had her. The silent scream brewed in her throat without the chance to ever escape.

He didn't need to speak, his presence enough caused her insides to curl.

Her eyes began to flutter and she wondered how she could be tired in a time like this. She fought against it, attempting to keep her eyes open. But when she struggled against his arms, there was no use. He was inside of her whether she still felt the way she did or not. Her small opening alone was all he ever needed to immerse himself in her mind.

Alex's eyes continued to flutter until they closed and she grew limp in his arms. This was all he needed. He knew where to find Max Mayfield— in a gym, frozen in time. Picking up Alex, he draped her over his shoulder as if she weighed nothing to him as he exited her bedroom.

The red outside her bedroom window was no storm, it was his home. This was where he brought his victims to be put on display. He wished Alex was awake for this so he could show her those she led to their deaths. Something in him didn't want to hurt her that way, but he knew she could never care for him either, only through manipulation and his own dig around her brain. He'd change her mind on him through sheer force.

With one motion, he dropped her to the ground with a thud. Alex didn't wake and he was content with that. The vines did his work for him as they strung her up for him to watch. It made him comfortable to know he owned her now, even if she woke, she still lived here with him.

Making his way toward her, his hand extended, his long claw stroking her cheek with his head cocked to the side. "This is all for us." He knew she couldn't hear him but he hoped she could feel it, feel him. "We will not lose now that I have you. It will all be over soon."

He was hesitant as he pulled his hand away. The battle was not over. Max was waiting for him and Hawkins still needed to burn. Taking a step back, he looked at her with admiration. Bloodied and bruised and he felt how strong she still was inside. If only her emotions were not weak then perhaps she would have escaped him.