𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

NANCY GETS THE GUN !

☀︎

TODAY, THE PARTY HAD GOTTEN TOGETHER TO DISCUSS ANY NEWS THAT THEY COULD SHARE WITH ONE ANOTHER. Sitting around a circle, the boys had discussed the possibility of an alternate dimension. They had called it the Upside Down-- a place they had believed that Will Byer's had been lost in. To anyone else, this would have seemed surreal. However, to this small group, it wasn't a shocker now that something so strange could be happening here in Hawkins.

Feeling a question arise as he watched Alex listening attentively to their every word, Lucas leaned forward. "But how do we get there?"

"We can't shadow walk. But maybe she can," Dustin looked over to the couch where Eleven lay there watching them. She had seemed either bored or upset with this idea. She had seen the horrors of what the Upside Down had brought, but she wasn't so sure it was the best for the boys to figure this out. It only meant that they would be introduced to what hid in that dark place.

"Do you know how we get there? To the Upside Down?" Mike asked Eleven but only got a headshake in response.

"Okay, since that's on hold. Can I fill you in on what I found out?" Alex asked. Sitting back in her seat, she brought her attention to Mike. It had been his sister involved in a different kind of mess than he had and it was guaranteed he had no idea. "Nancy and Jonathan know about that monster. The one I saw at Steve's house."

"How does she know?" Dustin questioned, his tone almost offended that they were not the only ones to discover this.

"There was a picture and it was in it..." Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out the crumbled, taped-together picture. Hesitantly, she laid it out in the middle of the table. Tapping it lightly with her finger, she frowned. "This is the thing I saw."

Instantly, all three boys leaned in. Slightly shoving one another for another look, they whispered frantically. The first one to pull away had been Mike Wheeler. His gaze was on Alex with an upset look. "How come Nancy didn't tell me?"

"I don't know, but I'm telling you," she said gently. Without hesitation, Mike nodded his head in understanding. Even if Lucas had always pretended to be so against having Alex joining the party-- he had felt thankful.

Standing up, Lucas had tossed the picture over to Alex. "We should all get going... funerals tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? They just found the body!"

"Yeah, the fake body," Alex laughed as if this was all some joke. In a way, the tricks that Hawkins Lab kept seemed to be pulling felt as if it was all just a joke. Children had managed to find out more than they could possibly begin to cover up.

"Just don't talk to us at the funeral. It'd be too suspicious if you hung out with the cool kids too much," Lucas stated. Though, some would think it was strange if Alex Henderson was not comforting the boys. If any had fallen off their bike, she would be the first at their side, possibly saying some sarcastically rude remark before helping them back to their feet. To have her not acknowledge them at a funeral would only raise suspicion-- especially to Joyce Byers.