𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

A WANTED WOMAN

☀︎

WALKING THE DARK WOODS OF HAWKINS, THE GROUP FOLLOWED THE COMPASS UNTIL THEY HIT WATER. Holding herself to shield the chill of the night, Robin Buckley shuddered as her eyes looked out to Lover's Lake. Seeing the chill of her friend, Alex reached her arms around, holding Robin Buckley tight as the group gathered at the shoreline. Resting her head against hers, they waited for further instruction on how to handle heading to a gate that led them to Lover's Lake.

Crossing her arms, Max scrunched up her face in confusion. "There's a gate in Lover's Lake?" It was unlike any other gate the group had come across. This time there was no Hawkins Lab or secret Russian base underground— it was something as simple as sitting on the bottom of the lake.

"Yeah, I can..." Alex furrowed her brows together as she observed the water carefully. "I can feel its pull. There's definitely something out there."

"Yeah, why don't we get out there and find out," Steve offered as he moved beside her. Placing a hand on her back, he moved in closer, hoping she would allow him to stay beside her. Often she pulled away from his attempts due to her fear of letting him too close to her, and still this time she didn't pull away. Rather, she unwrapped an arm from Robin and instead held them both close to her.

Offering up a way out onto the lake, Eddie directed everyone's attention to a boat that was pulled up on land. It was small and certainly unable to fit them all. Though it was not something they planned so late in the night, they were going to be forced to split up.

Taking a tarp off the boat, Eddie revealed their way out there. He was hesitant about the situation, but running now wasn't an option. These people came to him when he thought he was alone and to leave them would go against everything they ever did for him. Starting to nudge the boat towards the water, he took notice of the lack of effort the others offered to help him. Looking over his shoulder, he gave Steve a look. "Hey, mind, uh, holding the ladies another time and help me get this thing in the water?"

Quickly flustered, Steve moved his arm away from Alex and brushed his hands off to get straight to work. Looking at one another, Robin and Alex exchanged amused smiles while the boys prepped their way into the water.

Seeing that their numbers were going to be split, Alex looked at the three kids that stood further back, craning their necks for a look at the boys getting the boat into the water. Somehow, they believed the two would mess it up and they'd be forced to swim their way out there. Unwrapping her arms from Robin, Alex turned to block their view of the water before them. "No way you three are coming."

"Oh, come on," Lucas groaned. Extending a hand out, he gestured to the water in front of them. "There's a gate out there!"

"Exactly why you stay," she stated.