𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

THE LITTLE RED DEVIL !

☀︎

HALLOWEEN NIGHT HAD BEEN CHILLY IN HAWKINS, INDIANA. With new plans being added to the night, Alex's only wish was for trick or treating to drag on as long as possible. Only then she could attempt to convince Jonathan that the night had been long enough and all that she could handle was nothing more than a sleepover with parties and Billy Hargrove completely off the list.

The only issue of the night seemed to be the costume. A deal was made between the two to not do costumes but with Dustin begging consistently to have his sister not be the lame one of the bunch, she had no choice but to agree. What Dustin said, she would go with.

I'm front of the Wheeler's house, Alex had sat on the curb as the boys around her shoved each other, laughed, and made a very detailed plan to get as much candy for the evening. As soon as Jonathan had pulled up, he gave a honk to get the boys attention. Standing up, Alex rushed over to the passenger side, saying hi to Will before taking the spot he once sat in. "Don't laugh," she warned.

Using everything in him not to laugh, he sat there with a large smile, looking her over. "What the hell are you wearing?"

"I look stupid I know," she laughed, adjusting the little red horns on her head.

"Fishnets, very short shorts and a leather jacket. Is that red lipstick? Oh my god who are you?" he leaned over in his seat, looking at her up and down. Planning to head to the party anyways, he was glad to see that she was more than ready for it.

"Listen, I hate this. Dustin said I couldn't come if I didn't dress up as something."

"So he said dress as a hooker?" Jonathan laughed.

Her expression fell straight into horror as she looked down at her costume. "I look like a hooker?"

"No, I'm kidding. The hottest devil there is. I totally get it... just thought I'd never see you dressed like that. The horns... yeah, those make sense. Aren't you cold?" Jonathan looked down at her legs in concern. It had been pretty cold, and Alex had seemed more comfortable outside than she did in the warmth of his car.

"I'm surprisingly good. You ready to trick or treat?" she asked, going to open the door. Just as she had went to pull the handle, he locked the door from his end, causing her to look to him in question. 

"Actually I have other plans for us..."

"Ew, what?"

"Ew? Really?" he chuckled. "Will thinks we're lame because were hanging around them... mainly me hanging around him, but I think we should give the kids their well deserved freedom tonight. Plus, Mike needs to enjoy Halloween, not dying over the fact that for once in your life you're wearing shorts."