𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

IT WON'T GET BETTER

☀︎

THE TROOPS JOURNEY WAS LOOKING TO COME TO A CLOSE END AS THEY HAD FINALLY CAME IN CONTACT WITH OTHER HUMANS. Staying low and out of sight, they had maneuvered through the base hidden behind what they could to stay out of sight. Steve had been the one to lead the charge of getting everyone out safely, keeping an eye on all their surroundings and navigating them through the base.

There were chatter among the Russians ranging from soldiers to scientists. It had felt similar to what Hawkins Lab had once been and just the same, it was filled with danger and lurking behind some doors was a gate breaking open that truly would lead straight to hell.

Soldiers had scanned the area, guns in hand as they kept careful watch of the facility. One wrong move and the group was destined to face the end of their lives. But Steve was quick on his feet, maneuvering the group behind a large red cart, able to hide them away.

Sitting on Alex's lap, Erica had leaned out for one last look at the doorway she had spotted before looking to her babysitter. "I saw it. First floor, northwest."

"Saw what?" she questioned, attempting to get a look herself.

"The comms room. The door was open for a second, and I saw a bunch of lights and machines and shit in there."

Dustin didn't have an ounce of faith in Erica. Seeing lights was not a guarantee that it was anything, it was most likely not what she had wanted to believe she saw, "That could be a hundred different things."

"I'll take those odds," Robin whispered, looking to Steve for agreement. He was hesitant but Erica hadn't steered them wrong just yet. She was a major part of the group and they also had nothing else to go on. It was the blind leading the blind and they needed to trust their gut. Giving a nod to the group, he had chosen to give it a go and allow Erica Sinclair to choose the room they would head to next.

Barely peeking out, Steve scanned the area for a route that could lead them in to safety. Turning back to the group, he had gave a run through of what he had needed out of them because if even one of them had gone rouge, then they all would be caught."We're gonna move fast, we're gonna stay low."

Alex had moved out from under Erica, giving a peek out to the pathway to the door, "Slow and high, got it." Taking ahold of Erica's hand, she had seen her own opening to move out and take that chance to start ahead. The three left behind had looked to one another in pure shock at her confidence to go quick and without a full plan, but there also wasn't much time to bicker. Steve had moved out, following after with Robin and Dustin trailing right behind. At another large container that hid Erica and Alex, he had held an arm out in front of them to keep them in place. He felt he was needed to lead this charge. There was no telling what was behind that door and he was not willing to let Erica and Alex be the one's to attempt to take down any guards.