𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

THEY'RE MORE FESTIVE !

☀︎

SPENDING THE NIGHT AT THE BYERS HOUSE WAS NOT UNUSUAL FOR ALEX. It was something that all of them had gotten fairly used to when Jonathan and her would go out and take pictures with one another until it grew very late. Having to get up for school after what felt like a long evening, neither was excited to start the day.

Alex groaned, rolling over when she felt Jonathan get up next to her. She held out his shirt for him with her face buried into the pillow. Rubbing his eyes with the palms of his hands, he groaned loudly to express his hatred for the day ahead of them before he ripped the shirt out of her hand. Just as he yanked it over his head, the sound of his mother's voice could be heard coming from the other room. Her pleads for Will were enough to have Jonathan jumping up from his spot to hurry out of the room.

Sitting up with a groggy look on her face, Alex glanced around the room as she debated getting up. There was always the option of waiting for Jonathan to come back and force her to school but with all his other stress, she chose against it.

Alex attempted to flatten down her now messed up hair, running her fingers through in hopes of getting out some knots. On the end of the bed had been a neat pile of Joyce's clothes set out for Alex to wear for the day. Once the voices of the Byers grew louder the more frustrated they became with one another, Alex got up to get dressed and chose to possibly walk to school.

Once dressed, she peeked her head out the door just in time for Jonathan to force it all the way open. Both had startled one another as they nearly collided together. "Oh, good, you're dressed," Jonathan whispered. "Let me get dressed and I can drive us to school."

Not giving her much an option, he ushered her out of his room, letting himself slip in before shutting it behind him. Standing in the hall, Alex wasn't sure what to do. Joyce's hushed whispers had barely been heard as they came from Will's room. Since Alex knew if she ever had any problems, she was able to go to Joyce, she felt the need to check in on her.

Coming up to the open door, she knocked gently against the wall, seeing that Joyce had been desperately whispering to the lamps that seemed to litter the entire room. Perking her head up, Joyce briefly looked at Alex before focusing back in on the lamps. "I'm okay, Alex, really."

"We'll find him," she responded softly. Making her way over, she sat beside Joyce on the end of the bed. Giving in, Joyce nodded her head in response. She looked over to Alex with a small smile, taking notice that she had found the clothes she had put out for her. "I think you pull off my clothes better than I do."

Alex looked down at the clothes, managing a laugh. "Thanks for letting me even borrow them... I'm sorry if it was annoying I stayed the night since you got so much on your mind..."

"It was nice to have company. Jonathan seems more relaxed to have a friend around... and he's told me how much you've done to look for Will."

Jonathan let out a small cough from the doorway, getting both of their attention, "We should be going now."