𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

NANCY DREW AND CREW

☀︎

THE BELL ABOVE THE LIBRARY RANG OUT AT THE ARRIVAL OF THE GIRLS. Robin and Nancy took lead with Alex trailing behind as they walked up the steps of the library. On the car ride there, Nancy tried her best to explain why she was so interested in digging into the life of Victor Creel. Eddie's uncle mentioned him to her as a potential suspect and at the rate things had gone in Hawkins, she wasn't willing to ignore any lead.

Holding onto her head, Robin began to question the situation explained to her. "Let me get this straight, Eddie's uncle, Wayne, thinks that Victor Creel escaped from Pennhurst Asylum and that he's the one running around committing all these murders?"

Nancy gave her a glance with a fake smile. "Pretty much."

"But Victor committed the eyeball murders, like way back in the '50s."

Pulling open the doors, Nancy corrected her with exact facts. "Well, '59."

Walking in, Robin didn't seem to catch the hint that Nancy was not interested in hearing her doubts. "So, that means these murders predate Eleven in the Upside Down by about thirty years? Which makes spooky Victor Creel like seventy years old."

Nancy gave her a quick nod and turned her attention to Alex as they approached the front desk. Her smile changed from a fake, annoyed smile to a genuine, heartfelt one. "Keys to the basement archives?"

She gave Nancy a small nod as she made her way around back to retrieve what they needed to begin their investigation. Alex passed by Robin, giving her a worried smile before she disappeared. Nancy seemed to have been giving Robin the cold shoulder, uninterested in anything she had to say and it didn't go unnoticed by Alex. Despite her rambling, Robin had a heart of gold and didn't ever mean any harm. However, Nancy still didn't seem interested. Jealousy was a common thing that got under Nancy's skin, but it was unclear to either what could give Nancy such a reason to become increasingly annoyed with Robin.

That didn't mean she stopped trying even if she felt that she had to. Robin wanted to understand full facts so she could be one hundred percent invested in the plan. Alex was already on board, but that was always easy. Even in the most difficult task, she tended to be there as much as she could.

While in search of the key, Alex could hear the desperation from Nancy as she tried to rush her along with the sound of the bell. The singing became increasingly consistent the longer Robin continued to talk, gesturing every which way with her hands to completely express her desperation to find everything out.

Alex had no choice but to call out that she needed one more minute leading Nancy to give up and let out a sigh as she kept her eyes forward, ignoring how Robin now leaned forward with narrowed eyes. "Sorry. It's just, you seem annoyed. You don't know me very well. I don't really have a filter or a strong grasp of social cues. So if I say something that upsets you, just know that I know it's a flaw. Believe me, my mother reminds me daily."