𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

IN THE NAME OF ICE CREAM !

☀︎

ERICA SINCLAIR WAS LEFT IN SCOOPS AHOY ALL TO HERSELF ONCE THE MALL HAD CLOSED FOR THE NIGHT, AND UNLIKE IN HER DREAMS, SHE WAS NOT EATING ALL THE ICE CREAM SHE HAD WANTED. Instead, she had flashlights strapped to a helmet, wearing elbow and knee pads, preparing to climb into a vent that would lead her to a room that could possibly end in her death. It had all been in the name of ice cream.

On top of the roof of Starcourt, the other four had waited for Erica to get them another step ahead in their plans to take on the Russians. Stationed in place, Dustin had been in charge of binoculars and Robin in charge of the radio. Steve and Alex had placed themselves between the two, left to wait for what was to come. Each had looked to one another and instinctively reached out for the others hand.

"Erica, do you copy?" Robin called into the radio.

"Yeah, I copy. You nerds in position or what?" she responded back just as she climbed up the ladder, moments away from being unable to turn back and leave the group back to square one.

"Forgettable Four is all set," Dustin confirmed to Robin. Both Steve and Alex had turned over to him, frowning at what he had settled on calling their group.

Robin had maintained her eyes on the doors down below, "Yeah, we're in position. It's all quiet here so you've got the green light."

"Green. Roger that. Commence Operation Child Endangerment." Up the ladder, Erica was met with the vent that would disrupt all her plans the moment she would climb her way in. However, for the ice cream, she had been willing to risk it all-- child endangerment or not.

"Can we not call it that?" Robin asked in annoyance. Knowing well enough that what they were doing was in fact putting a child in danger, it made it easier for her to allow this without thinking too much about it. The thing was, Erica was not as willing to let that part go.

"Forgettable Four?" Steve asked, turning to Dustin. He couldn't shake such a name so easily. After all he was the King of Hawkins High and now he had been part of a group that didn't sound as cool as he thought they looked.

Nodding his head, Dustin seemed to be the only one who liked the team name, "Yeah, people forget about us all the time. The party ditched us and Jonathan and Nancy rarely talk to any of us anymore. Neither of you would've known Robin despite how cool she is if Steve never landed the job. We're easy to forget. That's why we're making a name for ourselves through the Henderson glory of taking down evil Russians and saving America."

"I still don't like it," Alex whispered. "Can't we be called something cooler? And Erica will absolutely lose her shit if you call us the Forgettable Five when she's around."