Airplane Pt. 2

*Jimin's point of view*

"Why aren't you going back, Jimin? Did something happen back there?" Dad asked me at the breakfast table.

"No... no dad, everything is fine. I just wanted to stay here and make sure you were fine." I lied.

"C'mon son, I'm alright. Nothing to worry about." Dad smiled at me.

"Did something happen between you and that neighbour you told us about? Mia, right?" Mom asked suspiciously, clearly judging from my looks.

"Umm.. no... she's not my neighbour anymore..." I scratched my head, trying not to tear up.

"Why?" Mom asked.

"She got another apartment, so she moved out. We're still friends though." I fake laughed.

By the way my parents looked at me, I could tell that they knew I liked her or something was up. Before they could ask further questions, I got up and left.

*

After spending four more days, I finally decided to leave. I had made up my mind to let go of all my suspicions and make up with Mia. I was missing her too much and couldn't wait to hold her in my arms.

Since I needed a change, I dyed my hair into a shade of orange-pink and called Taehyung.

"Jimin-ah!" He yelled through the phone.

"Tae, hi!"

"How is your dad now?"

"He's.. he's good. How is everyone?" I asked, hoping he'd tell me about Mia.

"Well... you know... we are busy with our own stuff. Yoongi stays out mostly, I don't know where he goes. Vicky comes over sometimes...." His voice trailed off.

"Umm.. have you talked to Mia?"

"No.. I think Hoseok goes over to her house. I miss her though, how she always treated me like a little brother. When are you coming back? I want this awkwardness to end, Jimin."

"I'm coming back tomorrow. I want to fix everything too. I hope I'll be able to."

"I hope so too. What time is your flight?"

"It'll land at ten forty-five at night."

"Okay great. I'll tell the guys, see you soon bro!"

"See you soon, Tae!"

*

The flight wasn't too long but it seemed like forever. I sat restlessly, wondering whether Mia would take me back or not. I planned, in detail, how to make up with her.

I'll go to her house straight from the airport.
I should take her chocolates and roses, she'll love those.
Should I buy her a gift?
I should just show her I love her, through my actions.
Instead of being shy, I should be bold.
Maybe she'll like me more like that... if I be dominant.
I should fulfil my own fantasies, what I want to do with her.
.
.
.
I will kiss her with all my passion.
Make her feel that she's loved.
Make her feel protected.
I love you, Mia... I love you!

Thinking about all this, I fell asleep and woke up a few minutes before landing.

I got chocolates and flowers on the way to Mia's house. I was excited and worried at the same time, as I stood in front of her apartment door. I rang the bell once, but she didn't open the door.

I rang the bell a couple of times again. She must have earphones on. I thought.

A few minutes later, my arms began to sweat. I gulped and stroked my hair with my fingers. Maybe she's taking a shower? I questioned confusedly.

I looked at my watch realising that I'd been standing there for twenty minutes now. Is she asleep? I thought again. I placed the chocolates and the flowers on the floor and dialled her number. The call went to the answering machine straightaway.

Realising that she always kept a spare key under the doormat, I picked it up and unlocked the door.

I stepped inside leaving the chocolates and flowers behind. The lights were on but I was taken aback because of what I saw.

The lamp was lying on the floor. Small pieces of glass were shattered all around the entrance and her hand bag was on the bed with her makeup fallen out. Her bathrobe was also lying on the floor.

My eyes were wide open as I looked around the apartment. I picked up the bathrobe and brought it to my nose. It still had a faint vanilla smell of her body soap but it was completely dry. Hugging the robe, I went into the kitchen where I saw a bloody knife on the counter. I took a few steps back as I was freaking out. I heard a crack and looked down to see her phone under my foot.

I took my phone and called Yoongi from the recents. He picked up immediately.

"Hyung!" I gulped and took a deep breath, stopping myself from crying. "Sh-she's not here. She's... gone," I looked down to the bathrobe in my hands and sobbed.

What happened while I was away?

***