Singularity

*Jimin's point of view*

It had been a few weeks since I got back. Vicky was around a lot because of Namjoon. But Mia, however, was rarely there. I met her twice or thrice maybe either when she was leaving or coming back.

Lately it felt like I was the only one who didn't see Mia. Every time Jin tried a new dish, he would take it over to her place. I noticed Taehyung and Jungkook leaving her apartment a few times too. Hoseok and her had also become pretty close as I heard her calling him "Hobi my sunshine" one day. It really bothered me and I couldn't focus on my dancing anymore.

"She said she'll come to see me fight tomorrow," I heard Jungkook say, leaving my thoughts behind.

"Who?" I asked bending forward and placing my arms on my legs.

"Mia." Jungkook replied, stuffing a piece of chicken in his mouth.

I clenched my teeth in annoyance, rolled my eyes and leaned back into the couch.

"Date her already." Taehyung teased him, making him blush a little. What the hell! I thought to myself, going towards the kitchen. "C'mon you totally like her," Taehyung continued.

"Well she is extremely hot. But... not really my type. I just like hanging out with her. She's cool." It was a relief to know that Jungkook wasn't aiming for her.

"She is cool." Taehyung agreed.

"What's up with you?" Jin asked me as I sat on the kitchen counter.

"Nothing..." I sighed, picking up a piece of chocolate that was lying there.

Just then the door bell rang. Namjoon opened the door hoping it was Vicky. But to my surprise, it was Mia.

"Tae? Tae?" She called out as she strode inside.

"Babeeeee!" I heard Taehyung yell from the corner. What the hell? Since when did he get into the terms of calling her babe? I thought being even more annoyed now.

Mia sat next to him on the single couch, landing almost into his lap. "Are you free on Saturday?" I noticed that she'd cut her hair to chin length.

"Always for you." Taehyung replied smiling at her.

"There's an art exhibition. I really want you to come. Oh and you can meet Jake. His artwork will be put up too."

Just then I realised how everyone knew so much about her already while I was singled out. I wanted to be a part of her life too. But it seemed like we had nothing in common.

"You cut your hair?" I asked, interrupting her conversation.

She got up and looked straight into my eyes. "Yeah! I got bored of long hair." She smiled.

"They look nice." I complimented her.

"Don't forget our date tomorrow." Jungkook winked at her as she began leaving.

"It's not a date Kookie." She laughed and exited the apartment.

*

Later that night I went to Taehyung's room.

"What's up?" He asked, placing his phone on the bed.

"Since you know Mia well, what does she like?" I sat on the bed. I'd thought of asking Jungkook first but he'd be a jerk about my feelings so I came to Tae instead.

"Depends. She likes contrary things. Why'd you ask?"

"I was wondering what I might have in common with her. Like you both like art, Jin and her get along with food and Jungkook... I don't know what he has in common with her but he gets his way around." I rolled my eyes making Taehyung laugh.

"You like her" He stretched the last word into a long "er".

"I just want to get to know her. But I don't know how to..."

"Ask her out for coffee." He suggested.

"What if she says no?"

"I know her enough to know that she wouldn't." He smiled, giving me hope.

***