♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₂₁

Start from the beginning

It's ironic how I was thinking bout anything happening to her, and this shit happens. She called me frantic, and all I told her to do was calm down and that I'll be on my way, the last thing for her to do was to freak out. Look where the fuck that got us!

"Fuck it, call Shooter and tell him to meet us at their pad."

"First things first, I need you to relax nigga. I'm just as lost as you." Cassius spat, I waved him off as he went on to call Shooter. "Aye nigga, meet us at Nini's and Ny's....some shit ain't sittin right, so just meet us there....bet, see you."

The rest of the ride was silent between us, the music at an annoyingly loud bass to just drown out the thoughts. Even when I tried to think about different things, the worst kept popping up. Just that feeling of not being able to be there to protect her, rubbed me the wrong way. I still don't know what happened, so it's just scenarios coming to mind. I always think the worst and how to come out of something, cause not everything is always gon be good.

Pulling into their driveway, their cars were still parked out front, a few lights on in the house. Pulling the keys out the ignition, Shooter had pulled into the driveway shortly after. Getting out of our trucks, we didn't bother to dap up but to just go towards the front door.

I inspected the entry way, nothing seemed off, my guys behind me scoping the scene around us. I inhaled a deep breath, reaching for the door handle to push it in, only for the door to be locked still. If they didn't answer the door, then shit should still be cool on the inside.

"The door is still locked." I looked behind me and to Cassius and Shooter, my brows still furrowed. Wasn't shit making sense, and I hated that. "Let's go to the backyard." I nodded my head for us to move in that direction.

There was no other way but to hop the gate and open the door from the other side to let Cassius and Shooter in. We were being as quiet as we can, my gun already out my waistband and in my hand. I wasn't taking no chances, cause we don't even know what's going on.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath as I rounded the corner, the back door already slid open. I told Anahi about keeping this door unlocked, and now look. "Y'all be quiet." I muttered, walking into the house, scouting the area. I signaled for them to scout the bottom half as I would go upstairs.

It was too quiet in their house, they'd either have music playing or the tv running just to keep some noise around the house, but there wasn't any of that. I checked all the rooms upstairs, not finding shit of theirs.

"Ayo, East!" Cassius shouted from downstairs, I turned on the heels of my feet and jogged down the steps to where they were at in the living room. "Nigga, somebody playin games." He roughly shook his head, as he pointed at the coffee table.

I inspected the scattered pictures, seeing that someone's been following them. There were even pictures of us out together too. I clenched my jaw, tucking the gun back in my waistband as I went to pick up the pictures and look through them, turning them around to look at the back to see if there was any type of message.

Nothing.

"I want the word around the street, someone has to know sumn." I let out a harsh breath, looking around the living room to see if anything was misplaced or tampered with. "Ain't nobody safe out here." I spat, feeling my mood had shifted.

"Y'all look at this," Shooter said, waving us over to the island in the kitchen, "a bum nigga left behind this." He chuckled bitterly.