𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

Start from the beginning

"Or the massive muscles?" Alex continued.

Steve's confidence began to shrivel as they all began to doubt him. It certainly didn't help as Dustin and Alex questioned him, that Robin had a smirk to her face, watching as his shoulder slacked and his smile faded. "Hey, I have muscles," he mumbled. "And yes, I did hear about the guns and the muscles. And that's why I would be sneaking."

Dustin had perked up as a question he knew the answer to, "Well, please, tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually won a fight?"

All eyes turned to Steve from Dustin's question. His eyes had shifted across the three in surprise and slight embarrassment. Perhaps fighting wasn't his strong suit but he had fought Billy Hargrove for a purpose. Rather than give reason he fought for love and to protect the children, he settled on bringing another down with him. "To be fair, Alex lost that fight too."

Alex's mouth fell agape the moment her name had been brought into conversation. "Are you serious?" Alex couldn't help but let out a laugh knowing full well he was willing to bring her down with him. "That's not fair. I jumped into the fight to help you. And I'm not afraid to admit I did it in the name of love."

"Max took him out and she's basically the size of a toddler," he stated, unaware he was only hurting himself in the process.

"First of all, that doesn't help your case being the big, strong, Russian fighting man that you claim to be," Alex said through a guilty smile. "Don't worry, I'm not dating you for your strength. I don't care Billy kicked your ass too"

"Okay, it was one time I lost a fight," he spoke up.

"Twice. Jonathan. Year prior?" Dustin reminded him. After hearing from Alex about the fight in the alleyway, the boys had all gathered around, having their own celebration that, at the time, the douchebag Steve Harrington had what was coming to him.

Steve immediately shook his head, "That doesn't count."

"Why wouldn't it count?" Dustin questioned curiously. "Because I heard he beat the shit out of you. You got a fat lip, crooked nose, swollen eye, lots of blood..."

"Look, I was attacked first," Steve claimed loudly. Though many would argue that his attack of his choice of words and berating was enough to earn him that fat lip.

"You were a total dickbag to Jonathan," Alex corrected. "You had it coming. Unlike you, who went crying to Tommy, Jonathan got taken to the police station. Which you also got me in trouble. Callahan was a complete ass."

Realizing now that this was a losing battle for him, Steve finally threw in the towel. Completely giving up, he scoffed loudly with a roll of his eyes. "Well, sorry I'm not this macho boyfriend you want so badly."

Shaking his head quickly, Dustin had reached for Steve, gently laying a hand on him in a comforting manner. "No, no, no. I like it because then we can kick your ass and win if you're ever a dick to her."

Swatting his hand away, Steve turned away from the group in annoyance. Thus began the bickering between the boys with Alex silently listening as her eyes had bounced back and forth between the two. Lost in her own train of thought, Robin's amusement had vanished as a particular thought had crossed her mind. The vent that had sat high up on the wall behind Steve started to formulate an idea for her that she thought was their best option of getting into that room. "That might just work," she smiled to herself. Getting up from her chair, she ignored as the rest had called to her in confusion. Out of the breakroom, she reached across the counter, burying her hand into the tip jar and pulled out a handful of cash for herself.