♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₁₉

Start from the beginning

"Exactly. And if one of those pigs is runnin, they gon see their ending day." Cairo shrugged, or should I say East. "I know we don't touch em, but this shit not sittin well with me." He let out a harsh breath. "We just gotta be on our P's and Q's."

—————-

"So you really like this nigga?" I questioned, arching a brow as I sipped from my milkshake. This shit was bussin, but that's how everything was when i was high. "This might be the best Neapolitan shake I have ever had." I chuckled goofily, taking another sip.

"Shut yo high ass up!" Nayeli laughed lowly, biting into a fry. I just looked at her blankly, causing her to look at me the same. "Anddd, why you wanna know if I like him? That's between me and me." She lifted a shoulder, causing me to roll my eyes. "I'm playin with you, stop. But yeah...I do." She looked down at the basket of fries. "At first I was tryna shake the feelings off, but they just crept up."

It's my fault. I let her slip out my hand.

I nodded my head slowly, feeling defeated. "I'm happy for you." I genuinely was, but I felt a way. "If that nigga messes up though, I'm murkin him." I shrugged, moving the plastic cup away from me.

"Ok, imma stop you right there." Nayeli held her hand up, her brows furrowed. "Why are you threatening him? He didn't do shit to me, and it shouldn't bother you. IF he messes up, I know how to handle that." She shook her head.

"I'm just sayin Nayeli, imma always look out for you. That's what a good friend does." I had to save my ass, cause I didn't need her mad at me...again.

"Cut the bullshit." Nayeli rolled her eyes, moving the basket out her way. "Just admit you're mad. I'll be happy with the truth, cause you can try and save face all you want...but I know you."

"Aight, I'm mad." I shook my head, clenching my jaw that she actually caught on. "I screwed up, I know. Dipping out on you for those 2 weeks, then coming back like shit was good." A low breath parting my lips as I looked off to the side. It was forreal a fuckboy move on my end. "The last 2 months or so we haven't spoke, that opened a door for another nigga to come in and swoop you up." I paused, rubbing the back of my neck, "I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at myself."

Cairo 'East' Brewster

As time went on in the day, I spent most of it at the shop. Getting a few clients in, going over the books and making sure we had enough in inventory. It's a Tuesday, that's how shit normally goes, and it gave me time to think about the bullshit ass meeting this early morning. If I wasn't paranoid before, the shit just enhanced. Trust is really the key factor here in your inner circle, and it's like who is there to trust when you're in this deep? I've seen niggas turn on their own people for a come up, and for what? Shit was fuckin bananas.

The bell dinging snapped me out of my thoughts, letting me know that someone came in. I was thankful for that. Blowing out a breath, I walked out the supply room and down to the reception and sitting area.

I noticed that frame from anywhere, causing a smirk to curve at my lips. This woman just don't fuckin know! And I'm being real patient with her, but shit is getting harder each passing day.

"What you doin here?" I questioned, wrapping my left arm over her shoulders as I stood behind her, tucking my head into her neck as I took in her scent, she always smelt amazing. Like honey or sumn.

"You saw me speaking to her. Rude ass." Anahi laughed, bumping me so I could back up, but I ain't want to. Ever since her little ass decided to kiss me, things have been different. "I wanna take you somewhere though, so how much more time do you have here?" She questioned, turning around causing me to stand up straight.