Forgotten Birthday

Requested by @mayalovesthedmn

December 19th

     Virgil woke up. It's his birthday. One year closer to death is how he likes to think of it. And now he was going to go downstairs after applying his makeup, and have to listen to the ither sides sing and cheer for a day that doesn't even a matter. So what if someone was born? Everyone in the world is like that. And if everyone else does it for themselves, then it isn't special. It's just an axcuse to eat a giant cake, get gifts, and to have fun wasting your parent's money.
     He closed his bedroom door and walked downstairs.  And was ready for them to scream 'happy birthday' so he wouldn't have a panic attack like the year prior.  But, they were just sitting in the couch. Well, Patton and Logan were.
     He walked over and opened the fridge only to hear, "I'll make some pancakes in second hun!"
     He shut the fridge and arms wrapped around him.   "Good morning." Logan said, kissing his neck.
     "Good morning, Logan." Virgil twisted in his arms and kissed him. He let go and went back upstairs to brush his teeth.
     He walked back down and cuddled on the couch with Logan.
     Patton had been watching Paw Patrol. (Shh)
     Roman came down and did he dramatic scene, like he does every morning. He grabbed Patton and pulled him off the couch. He dipped him and kissed him.
     Virgil groaned and Logan held him tighter.
     "What, you think you can do better?" Roman sat with Patton on the couch.
     "Well I certainly wouldn't be able to do worse." He sneered.
     Roman glared at him. He turned his attention towards the tv and smiled when Skye came on screen.
     "Girl power." He whispered.
     Virgil rolled his eyes and kissed Logan.

      Virgil sighed and sat on Logan's bed. He was kind of happy that they had forgotten his birthday. He told them before that he doesn't want to celebrate and hopefully he'll soon forget this day.
     Logan came over and sat next to him. He held a black shirt in his hand. "I was wndering, maybe you'd want this?" He held up a Pretty Odd, Panic! At The Disco album shirt.
     "Uh.. why?" He crossed his fingers and hoped it wasn't a birthday present.
     "Well, Thomas found it at a garage sale and wanted to know if you'd like it."
Logan put it on his lap and gave him a kiss.
     "Thank you, Lo. Tell Thomas I said thank you as well." Virgil hugged him.
     "Of course." Logan smiled a little anf put his mouth to the other's ear. "Happy birthday." He whispered and pinned Virgil to the bed.

     Roman accidentally set one of the confetti poppers off when he was trying to set up, and scared himself.
     "Ro, don't you think confetti poppers are a bad idea? Virgil will get a panic attack." Patton reminded him.
     "Then what'd I buy all these confetti poppers for?!" He threw them all to the ground and crossed his arms.
     Patton picked them up and set them in the box on the ottomen. He turned back and hugged Roman.
     "We can find a different use for them some other day." He smiled. "My birthday is only next month."
     "Virgil will still be there." Roman grumbled.
     "He can plug his ears."
     "Why can't he do that now?!"
     "Cause it's his surprise party he needs to hear the happy birthday from us and how much we love him." He kissed Roman and went back to setting up.
     "I bought black and white stuff." He showed Patton the stuff.
     "Perfect!" He said, grabbing it from Roman and setting to down to grab each one by one.
     There were a few black and white hanging plastic circles, black and white thick plastic string, a purple lavender scented candle, and black confetti not in a popper.
     Roman grabbed Patton from behind once they finished. "Finally, I'm so tired.."
    Patton twisted around and grabbed onto him. "Me too. Me too.."

     Logan fixed his glasses and finished putting on his tie.
     Virgil still seemed a little sad that Logan mentioned his birthday. He put on his jacket and headed towards the door.
     Logan got up and followed. He stopped him. "Hold on," he said. "Let me carry you."
     "What? No, I'm fine." Virgil said, swatting away his hand.
     Logan ended up carrying him anyway. He stepped downstairs loudly to let the others know he was ready.
    They turned the corner of the stairs and stopped to the voices of Roman and Patton yelling, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIRGIL!!"
     Virgil clung to Logan tightly, tears started welling in his eyes. "N-No..." he hid his face in Logan's chest. "P-Please.. take me to your room."
     Logan looked at Roman and Patton apologetically, then turned and went upstairs. He opened his bedroom door and sat on the bed, Virgil still on him.
     "I-I don't want a birthday party.. and you guys know that..." he sniffled and sat up in his lap.
     "I am very aware, but, they were just trying to make you happy. Now, why don't we go down there and have a good time?" Logan kissed his tears.
     "O-okay.."

     They walked downstairs to a concerned Roman and Patton. They walked up to Virgil and hugged him, making sure he was okay.
     "We're so sorry, Virgil." Roman said.
     "It's okay.. I promise." He pulled away from them and smiled.

     The night was great. Turns out, Virgil ended up having a great time. After the party he spent the rest of yhe night with Logan watching movies.    Roman came down for Mulan then headed back upstairs and fell asleep.
     "Best birthday I've had. But pleaer, no more." Virgil whispered.
     "We aren't promising anything." Logan said.

REQUESTS ARE OPEN