Best Friends

REQUESTED BY RayRayGirlSaysHi

     I thought about getting up, but I couldn't. Because from across me on the end of my bed sat Remy. Sleep. And here's the thing about sleep and anxiety. It doesn't mix well. So when I see him near me, I know everyone else is gonna complain. But no one else is here. So there's no one else to complain.
     "Need something?" I asked, raising a brow.
     "Girl, can't I just hang out with my best friend?" He asked.
     He was one to just appear. No, he wasn't gonna ask permission to hang out or randomly enter your room at 12 am. So don't try to tell him anything of that nature, cause he won't listen. And if your friends with him, be catious, cause he appears from everywhere and nowhere.
     "Ah, right, of course. You came to just hang out like any normal pal. But your not a normal pal. I have to hide you away from me because the others will make fun of me. Of us." I said, obviously frustrated.
     I'm upset at the fact that Remy and I couldn't be friends outside the mind palace. Or outside either of our rooms for that matter. Roman would be disgusted and spew harmful things at us. Logan would lecture us and keep an eye on us to make sure we aren't together. And god knows what Patton'll do! We don't spend much time together at night, cause we know it'll mess up Thomas and his sleeping. But Remy is usually awake at night and asleep during the day. I don't know if it was to pester Thomas, or to make him a vampire, but either way, it was stupid. Why not sleep when everyone else is?
     "Are you having one of those, so called, mid-life crisis'?" He asked, sipping his Starbucks, which for some reason, he always had.
     "Let's step carefully downstairs and get chips and water, or I'll get water, and we'll carefully step back up. Unnoticed and easy." I stood and began for the journey to the kitchen.
     As soon as we stepped three quarters of the way down, I noticed the other sides having a movie night. I had just remembered when Patton asked if I wanted to join earlier, and I refused.
     The four looked at us. Roman, in disgust and horror. Logan, in confused and slightly salted. Patton, also confused but a little happy. And Deciet, smirking evilly and ready to strike for a counter attack.
     "Sleep and Anxiety?" Roman looked us up and down. "Together? Do you know what that'll do for Thomas?" He threw his hands up. "Sleep and anxiety do not mix! So why, in great Odin's eyepatch, are you two with each other?"
     All I heard afterwards was the sucking of Remy and his Starbucks, finishing the last of his cup.
     "I came down to get water and chips, not to get insulted because of my best frien-"
     "BEST FRIEND?!" Roman looked angrily at Remy. "YOU FIEND!"
     "Roman, will you chill out?!" I snapped.
     Luckily, my anger had that affect, and they all froze. Except for Remy, who was still sucking every last bit out of the empty Starbucks cup. I snatched it from him and threw it away.
     "What is with you?! Why are you suddenly so against Remy?" I rose my voice, which I didn't intend to, but it happened anyways. "Just because you find us hanging out and now your suddenly against it?!"
     "We are talking about how this would make Thomas feel," Logan butt in. "Sleep and anxiety are two different things that don't mix well. Having Thomas tired and restless is not a good thing. It's high marking on the Yerks Dotson Curve." He pushed up his glasses, a glare catching my eye.
     "Well guys, why don't we figure something out here. Obviously, anxiety is bad to have when Thomas needs rest, and if he needs rest, then that's when these two won't hang out." Patton suggested.
     "It is not a bad idea, but Remy also has the habit of arguing against things when it doesn't go his way. And when he has to part with Virgil at night, it won't be easy." Logan stated.
     "Well, babes, if I get enough hours with Virgil during the day, it may not be so hard to part at night." Remy shrugged and looked at me.
     I rolled my eyes and turned back towards the stairs. "Anything else to shoot at me, Roman, you better hurry while I'm still in hearing distance." And I headed for the top of the stairs, going back to my room.
     I didn't hear Roman or Remy yelling at me or following me to my room. I closed my door and collapsed on my back to the mattress. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling until I heard the door open.
     "Hey, kiddo..?" I looked up to see Patton and Remy at the door. "I was wondering if we could.. uhm.. paint each others nails.?"
     "Sure, Pat," I smiled. "We can."
     "Yay!" Patton grabbed Remy's wrist and pulled him over to me. "I have other colours besides black, hold on!" He said before running to his room.
     "Girl, damn." Remy chuckled at Patton's excitement before leaving the room. "I'm sure this'll be fun with you, babes."
     I chuckled. "I'm sure it will, Rem."

REQUESTS ARE OPEN