Lord Patton

What's this? What's this? Part 6 is now here! What's this? What's this? There's magic everywhere, please wake up Jack this isn't fair! What's this?! Sorry, that's like my favourite movie. But seriously, you thought it was over?

     Dead?! How am I of all people supposed to rule a country?! Avenia could be attacking at ANY MOMENT, and Valerie isn't queen anymore! And now the king's dead! Oh god, what am I gonna do?!
     Virgil paced around the room, trying to figure out how the future may look based on what has happened.

     "Patton and I would gladly help you rule Carthya. You have no experience being king, or being in charge I suppose, but we know a lot, so let us help." Logan said. "The deaths between the retired queen and her son, the king, have been harsh, and have affected us all. But please, let's get to ruling the country, we can not let our people down, can we?"
     Virgil nodded shyly. He looked up at the captain apologetically.
     "If you are looking to apologize, save it. It is no trouble whatsoever, if anything, it's an honor to have been by one of the king's sides." He smiled weakly.
     He nodded once again - a very slight one at that. He gulped and turned to walk back out.
     "One more thing," Logan said before Virgil left the room. "We have details and information on the funerals, we need clarification on which day you are free."
     'Any day works fine for either of the funerals.' Virgil signed before walking out.
     His shoes clacked and echoed in the empty hallways. He sighed and opened the door to the king's ward. He closed it and flicked on the lights.
     He went upstairs and opened the bedroom door. He liked to sulk in here. Because here was the place that made him feel the worst. In stories and movies, king's always die too early in life. Like if you've read The Prince And The Pauper by Mark Twain, you'd know that Edward, the king of Wales, dies early at like age 18 - 20.
     King Roman was only 27. Only seven years with him. Virgil only had seven years with him. He wanted to be with him forever, but, those stupid assassins from Avenia killed him.
     He wished it was a stupid prank. He wish it was like when Virgil died but wasn't actually dead. But it wasn't like that. The funeral was in two weeks, and he had to attend.

     "Poor boy, he's so young.." Patton said. "He shouldn't have to rule by himself."
     "That's true." Logan sighed. "But that's why he has us to help him. We can't leave it to be his job alone, even though that's how it's supposed to be. But he has no experience in ruling, so that's we are there for him."
     Patton brightened up a little. "Yeah.. okay!" He stood up and grabbed Logan's hand. "Let's go find Valerie."

     Valerie jumped at the sudden knocking. She got up and answered the door. She smiled at the prime regent and captain.
     "As you have heard of the king and his mother's death, Virgil is all alone. Since being just a servant, unable to speak, he does not know how to rule a country. Since you were supposed to be queen, I knew you'd help." Logan stood straight.
     "Oh, uh, yeah! I'd be glad to help Virgil. I know it must be hard on him. Losing his lover at such a young age, ruling a country." She smiled, apathetically.
     "And Avenia is said to attack at any moment, so we can't do much to help him. So please, take the lead."
     "Looks like I'm back in business." She walked past them and out the door.

     Virgil paced around the room. He finally stopped and sat on the bed. He looked at his hands as tears fell.
     I shouldn't have fallen in love.. I shouldn't have came into his life.. he thought.
     Any moment the assassins would come to kill Virgil. It was only right.
     It got him thinking. Maybe the poisen was in the cream pie. He didn't have any. He didn't like sweets. But he remembered Roman having tons.
     He wondered if maybe it was someone from Avenia. They were supposed to attack soon, so their tactic must have been to kill the kings so that there would be no one to lead them in war. It wasn't a bad plan. And if Virgil survived the war, he decided to keep that plan in mind.
     He was thinking of ways from the outside into the castle when a knock brought him out of his thoughts. He got up - not really wants to - and opened the door. It was Valerie, Logan and Patton.
     They pushed through the doorway and each stood in front of the bed.
     'What's going on?' Virgil signed.
     Logan was the first to speak up, clearing his throat. "As you can tell, we are the most capable out of the whole kingdom to help you rule. We also have a few regents and some of the guard to help us. Most of them have brains, as do I, and most have good tactics for fighting strategies." He smirked. "Avenia should be here any moment, so we have informed the king and queen's guard along with all the regents and they have told us to meet them in the cellar. I know, kind of an odd place, but it won't have any people, servants, and it's quite spacey." He fixed the cuffs of his suit.
     Virgil was trying to take in all the informarion. He clesred his thoughts, and finally, nodded.