King Roman

Roman awoke later that morning. Logan walked in and smiled warmly at the prince.
     He held clothes for Roman. A white button up with gold buttons and gold shoulder linings, black jeans, a red sash, and of course, his crown.
     "Thank you, Master Logan." Roman said, flattening his shirt and sash.
     "Of course, Prince Roman." Logan nodded. "Your father wishes to speak to you at breakfast. Just telling you before hand."
     "Of course, thank you." Roman walked downstairs and to the large dining table.
     "Ah, good morning son." His father smiled as Roman took a seat.
     The servant serving their food that morning was Virgil. He smirked at Roman.
     "Excuse me? But that is no way to act to a prince!" Roman's fafher snapped.
     "My apologies." Virgil smiled and bent over, then walked back into the kitchen.
     Roman rolled his eyes and sighed. "Little harsh, don't you think, father?"
     "Oh please! He's just a kitchen servant! Nothing more! It doesn't matter, not like he feels it."
     "Father, you wanted to speak to me?" Roman quickly changed the subject.
     "Oh, yes." He set down his fork. "You are to be crowned king next week. How is it with you and Valerie?"
     "Oh, it's going perfectly." He lied. So what if he didn't want to marry Valerie? It wssn't his fault he wasn't interested. But he knew, this was his life, and that he will have to, for she is the betrothed princess.
     "Excellent." Is all he said before continuing to eat his food.

     "Prince Roman. My apologies for speaking, but Princess Valerie is unfortunately unwell, and she will not be attending the ball tonight. But your father has instructed me to tell you to still go." A servant said.
     "Very well, thank you Talyn." Roman nodded his head and Talyn was off.
     Logan walked in and helped Roman dress for the occasion.

     Roman sighed and sat outside on a bench.
     "C'mon, let's go. I know you don't want to be here." Virgil said, standing in front of the prince.
     He looked up and groaned. "You again? Can't you just leave me alone for one second?"
     He ignored him. "I heard you tell your father he was being a bit harsh on me. Thank you." Virgil took Roman's hand and stood him up. He led him over to a path in the garden.
     "Where are you taking me? I have to get back to the ball. They will notice me missing!" Roman complained.
     Virgil stopped and turned, taking both of his hands. "Stop and just relax for a moment." He smiled
     Roman gulped. "I am going to regret this."

     "Off with his head!" The guard shouted as Virgil was placed under the slicer.
     "Plesse, just be quick." Virgil gulped.
     "Father please!" Roman shouted.
     "No! You are to stay here!" He yelled back.
     Roman pushed passed him and down the corridors, stairs, and to outside. "STOP!" He yelled.
     The guard looked at him the crowd. He bowed.
     Roman pushed his way through and went up to where Virgil and the guard were. He grabbed the servant from the slicer and held him close.
     "Prince Roman! I-Is there a problem?" The guard asked.
     "Yes there is a problem! Why are you trying to kill him?!"
     "He tried to kidnap you!" The guard said, pointing to Virgil.
     "He did not! That is nonsense! This ever happens again you shall be executed!" Roman's anger flowed up inside him.
     "O-Of course, Prince Roman!" Thw guard bowed once again and Roman was off, Virgil following him.
     "Roman!" His fsther shouted in anger. "You are to let that boy die!"
     "He never tried to kidnap me! I was willing to go to the path in the garden with him!"
     "That is obsurd! One of the servant said they saw him dragging you by the wrist!" His pushed Virgil to the side and gloomed over him.
     "That is enough father!" He pushed him out of the way and held Virgil. "This man did nothing!"
     His father breathed deeply. "Princess Valerie will be coming by later, you two can talk. You, get back to work."
     "No, he stays with me until the princess gets here. I fear what you may do to him." Roman said, pulling Virgil upstairs and to his room.
     "So, your finally coming to the sense that you like me?" Virgil smirked.
     "I just saved your life, and that is all you have to say?" Roman snapped, turning to the slouching boy.
     "My apologies, Princey." He winked.
     Roman groaned. "Your so difficult." He turned and sat on his bed, grabbing one of his favourite books. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice And Virtue.
     "Whatever. What do you like to do for fun?" Virgil asked, raising a brow and walking to the side of the bed.
     Logan walked in and stopped at rhe sight of Virgil. He cleared his throat and looked back at Roman. "Miss Valerie is here. We are sending her up to converse with you." He nodded and left.
     Roman closed his book and stood up. "Don't do anything stupid, got that?" He growled.
     "Understood."
     Valerie walked in the room and smiled brightly at Roman, completely ignoring Virgil.
     "Hello, Princess." Roman took her hand and kissed the back.
     "Greetings, Prince Roman." She looked over at Virgil, wide eyed. "Why is he here? Isn't he supposed to be, y'know, dead?"
     "I would not allow a false rumor to kill someone." Roman said, side glancing at the servant.
     "It is nice to see you, Princess." Virgil bowed.
     "No prince would ever do that. No prince would ever be interested in a servant." She looked at the prince and smiled. "You do not want to marry me-"
     "Excuse me?"
     "-Do you?"
     Virgil looked at her and smiled for saying the exact samr words as he the night before.
     "That is not true!" Roman put a hand to his chest and felt offended.
     "Sure it is." Virgil said. The royals looked at the servant. "You have never been very interested, it's quite obvious."
     "I agree," Valerie said, turning her attention back to the prince. "I am not offended or upset, Roman. It is okay to not love me."
     Roman gulped. "W-Well... I guess I may have very little interest in you." He admitted.
     Valerie smiled. "I didn't have much interest in you either, in all honesty." She said.
     Virgil raised a brow. "Aren't you two supposed to get married in a few days?"
     "Yes, but we can keep your love a secret and we will pretend to get married, and no one will know." Valerie winked.
     "Oh please! We are not lovers!" Roman exclaimed.
     "But I know you two want to be." She said.
     Virgil and Roman glanced at each other. They looked back at Valerie.
     "Fine." Roman sighed.
     Virgil's face lit up. "Wait, your serious?"
     "After last night on the garden path, I have grown slight feeling towards you. I have always been interested in men. I had fun last night." Roman smiled at Virgil.
     "I did too!" He smiled.
     Valerie smiled. "I'll tell your father that we will talk more tomorrow. Have a nice night you two." She turned and walked out.
     "Bye Princess Valerie!" Virgil waved, but Roman kept his eyes on the slouching servant. He smiled and pulled him for an embrace. "Thanks, by the way, for saving me today." He smiled and hugged back.
     "It's the least I could do." Roman replied. He pulled away and kissed his cheek.
     "Oh please, that is pathetic!" Virgil laughed.
     "Excuse me?"
     He smirked and pressed his lips against the prince's.
     Logan wolf whistled as he leaned against the door frame.
     Roman and Virgil stopped what they were doing to look at Logan.
     "Lord Patton would like to speak with you." Logan smiled.
     "Yes, of course." Roman let go of Virgil and nodded.
     "So, have you made any moves on him yet?" Virgil asked.
     "Virgil!" Roman turned to him.
     "Unfortunatly, no. But I will soon." Logan smiled. "It is quite alright, Prince Roman, we converse about these things a lot. He talks about you and I talk about Lord Patton."
     "Of course you do." Roman sighed.
     "You may come too, Prince Virgil."