Chapter Thirty-Five

Zacznij od początku

. There we go back to the awkward and tense tension in the air. Neither of us speaking and neither of us knowing exactly what to do.   Then all of a sudden his hand touched mine. I zoned out to the point where I didn't even see him move to the first place.

I jumped slightly, he continued to wait for me raising a brow. Then I finally responded, holding his hand.

"Let's get this show on the road right?"

"Right"

~

"Today we are gathered to celebrate the fact that I have finally found my mate. Your new Queen. I want to welcome Claire Westbrook, daughter of Beta Michael Westbrook" there were stairs involved in this, please don't trip. Don't trip.

Steadily as I could with precision I must say, I made it up. Damien put a hand out for me, which I took going next to him.

I could feel all the stares on me. Burning through me. The ceremony was held in the castle. In the throne room to be exact. Only those of high ranking such as elders were allowed in. Everyone else had to witness this big moment on television. Yeah television.

This was being broadcasted to everyone. One mess up here and everyone will be out for my blood. I gulped as he pulled me closer, giving a kiss on my forehead. That totally calmed me down. For sure. Not. I faked a smile soon after, giving the cameras the excitement they need.

To my left my family stood proud. All dressed nicely. My mother was the one that worried me, I know when she fakes a smile. She was concerned for me, her eyes flickering back and forth between the cameras and I.

My brothers all had the same stance, keeping a straight face on the entire time. Michaels face resembled the boys, no emotion what's so ever. It's sad that Caleb wasn't there, I miss him too much.

To the right stood Damien's mother. She continued to glare at my family.  That just made me even more nervous.

"If anyone believes that my mate does not deserve the role of being your Queen, challenge her. The consequences to losing to my mate will result in a fate worse than death. Choose wisely for those who dare wish to challenge" I felt my heart rate pick up.

There were quiet mumbles from the crowd. Everyone was looking around, waiting for someone to come up. Please no. Then the crowd fell in silence. I felt myself relax a bit as Damien carried on. 

"Good choice" thank the actual heavens.

Now here comes the hard part. His mother had then approached both of us, holding a knife in hand. The blade was extremely sharp, I can see it from here. The handle on it was gold, black lines decorating it, the royal mark on it as well.

"With this blade we break the bondage of skin, exposing us for who we are. The mixing of blood makes you one of us, makes you the true royal the moon goddess destined you to be" he first slashed his  palm with the blade making me cringe as he didn't even have to think twice about it.

He then gently grabbed my hand then looked at me, almost making sure I'm ready. I nodded softly and he brought the blade through my palm, making me bleed. I bit my tongue, making sure I didn't make a noise to signal that it hurt.

He brought our bleeding hands together. How is this tradition? Isn't mixing blood like a big no no? Are none of them concerned about health? Suppose not.

I then began to feel weird. An odd prickling sensation starting from my hand to the rest of my body. Goosebumps rose on my skin. Our hands broke apart, in my relief I was completely healed as well as he was.

"The marking of soul mate bonds the new found royal entirely to her duties as Queen" my eyes nervously darted towards my family.

My mother just stared. She didn't know what I was about to do. I wasn't able to see them as promised before the ceremony. They are in for a shock.

I sighed feeling my hand be grabbed again. It made me look up at Damien, he brought me close to him his other hand moving his tux to the side. I just stared at the place where I'm supposed to mark him, this shouldn't be hard right?

"Canines, Mark me now" he said into my ear.

A sharp pain erupted in my head, my gums started to sting as well. It was as if needles were penetrating them. I groaned feeling them grow to their full potential, immediately I bit down into his neck as I don't know how much longer this would last.

He almost stumbled but eventually stood his ground, holding onto my shoulders. He whispered a curse as I let go of him, the mark was already forming. The canines began to retract, the headache going away.

"Bow down to your Queen. Queen Claire Mallak" they all got to their knees doing so. Even my family, even his mom.

I'm Queen now.

Holy shit.